when is sublime gonna bite the bullet?

zygote2k

lmfao.

I love this. Lets see if we can get bets going. The trouble is, I don't want everybody wanting a Mantis in their display. Especially Rupert (which I've affectionately named it.) He's a bit of an meany, and despite my attempts to become good friends, still hammers at me or flashes those "tail feathers."

Edited the descriptive language.

Edit: nm, yes you did, I thought you were talking about OP's language. My apologies and pardon.

And put it in the display..it doesn't attack frags haha...just kidding...but seriously watch your fingers

Please reference my build thread, when I mention picking up 40 frags or so dropped off a frag rack behind my rockwork that I couldn't see ;)

lmfao.

I love this. Lets see if we can get bets going. The trouble is, I don't want everybody wanting a Mantis in their display. Especially Rupert (which I've affectionately named it.) He's a bit of an meany, and despite my attempts to become good friends, still hammers at me or flashes those "tail feathers."

I think he would become a lot nicer if you put him in the display...

Just sayin...

He's worried that it might take his finger off even though I let it attack mine and it doesn't hurt. Better ask the Mrs. before you put it into the DT.

You're 100% correct , I like my fingers!

Is this the zebra you were giving away or a smasher?

Smasher, peacock mantis

It's harmless to fish unless the fish is stupid and swims right into the shrimps' den. I've kept one in a reef with shrimps, snails, crabs, fish, corals, etc and it only ate snails and hermits. I think having a reef safe predator helps to "keep it real" for the typically lazy reef-dwelling fish.

I currently have an 8" Peacock who lives happily with 3 filefish, a sea cuke, and plenty of snails and hermits to munch on.

To be clear, I'm not concerned about the fish, I agree that plenty of hermits and snails will keep it busy. I'm not keen on its attempts to interior decorate.

Completely agree with Rob. Isaac, hurry up I wanna see pics.

Completely agree with Rob. Isaac, hurry up I wanna see pics.

You're gonna want one also when you see, i better not ;)

Lol...

Robs such an instigator...

instigator isn't the right description. breaker of fish myths would be more accurate.

Isaac is simply afraid of a 5" shrimp that absolutely cannot hurt him and more than likely will never eat a fish.

Time to man up and stop being cruel to a 5" reef dweller by keeping it in the confines of a sump. Do you keep Tangs in there too?

Tang Mantis Police gonna getcha!

Hes not afraid lol he is simply intelligently considering his livestock contents carefully...that doesn't make him anything but a careful reefer.....

Leave him be troublemaker ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk