New Member Chantilly/South Riding Va.

Hello all, my name is Wayne and I'm back to keeping a reef after 15 years away and 2 kids later. My kids are at the age where they want to learn and i'm doing my best to teach them the importance of keeping these wonderful live animals. There are so many lessons they can learn about life in reef keeping but one of the most important lessons is conservation. I really like the fact that so many of the corals /livestock we get now a days has been raised in other tanks or born in captivity. This was rare 15-20 years ago, so I don't feel as bad for have a reef tank. Well I will get off of my soapbox and get back to the intro...

I use to have a 180 gallon reef tank some 15 years later i'm back at it. I own 2 tanks right now (started with a 29 gallon bio-cube and have setup a 75 gallon reef) and I joined the club so I can learn more about modern day reef keeping. I have meet a few members through the message forums, everyone has been very friendly and willing to share their knowledge with me (which has been greatly appreciated). I look forward to meeting more members at the next club meeting (not sure when that is?) Thanks so much for bringing us all together.

Wayne AKA Deavo

Starting off simple Mushrooms, zoa's, some sps (frog spawn, hammers, torch, birds nests, etc) no real plan other then lots of colors and family fun. kid's wanted Nemo tank but I had to explain the differences between the types of fish and what will and won't get along with each other.

on a side note my daughter (age 10) came home with 5 different books about saltwater fish and corals...so I think she is hooked.

Instead of SPS I meant LPS corals. I'm sure many of you picked up on that.....I need more caffeine 

Our kids love the tanks, but have little patience waiting for everything get fully set up and cycled. They keep begging to go to the store and buy things. They have corals and fish now on their Christmas list.

Our kids love the tanks, but have little patience waiting for everything get fully set up and cycled. They keep begging to go to the store and buy things. They have corals and fish now on their Christmas list.

Nice... lol. Presents that The Whole Family can enjoy.

and Welcome to WAMAS. I know I've seen your name around before, but haven't formally said Hi,. so Hi.lol. Glad to hear the tank is a Family thing,.. :) . You should let Each one have " Their Own Fish ", that way, they will all feel Even more apart of the tank.
   Welcome Again. and Have you started a Build Thread yet???

I have not started a build thread yet. I'm doing stuff as time permits. I work in the computer industry so one of my first purchases was an Apex Jr. I really like this thing because I can now easily log Temp, PH and other items plus control lights and power bill which is really nice.

Welcome! My niece loves to ask about my tanks :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome, Wayne. Glad you joined us. See the Club News forum for meeting announcements.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to wamas! I am near by so should you ever need anything just give me a shout!

Will do there are some things i'm learning about including the best way to dose calcium and alkaline. So i may take you up on your offer :) Thanks for the warm welcome.

Wayne 

Welcome, Wayne. Glad you joined us. See the Club News forum for meeting announcements.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

Will do I finally got around to reading some of the other forums I hadn't had time to read yet. So the next one seem to be in January?

Welcome!

I have been meaning to get down to your store, I'm about to go out on medical leave so now maybe I can get time to pop down and check you guys out. I have seen some very cool stuff on your site.

Wayne

Very Nice Stuff. lol. Goodguys. and Incredible Corals and Prices  . ;). Get it?? " Incredible " haha ;) :)

Check out Fins and Feathers, around the Corner from you.... and Quantum Reef in Springfield... a Lil' Further... would be Exotic Reef Creations, in MD. There are so many others that are note worthy also...
 I'm workin' on settin' up a trip to Pacific East Aquaculture, sometime later this month, or early next, If yah' want to tag along. lol

Will do there are some things i'm learning about including the best way to dose calcium and alkaline. So i may take you up on your offer :) Thanks for the warm welcome.

Shoot me a pm

Wayne

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

welcome aboard!  I own a daycare in south riding and have a 220g reef tank there if you ever want to stop by and talk let me know!

My neighbor who lives across the street from me works there. She told me about that setup. i would love to check it out sometime.