What the heck is it??

johnnybv

lol...believe me I love eels when I am diving....in my tank I hand feed my engineering goby and call it a day ha ha 

I think I will use it for that jawfish I want....got any in stock John?

lol...believe me I love eels when I am diving....in my tank I hand feed my engineering goby and call it a day ha ha 

I think I will use it for that jawfish I want....got any in stock John?

and which jawfish would that be?

and which jawfish would that be?

well I really wanted the blue spot jawfish (I purposely put in a deep sand bed in the 180 and made sure it was a comfortable habitat when I made the tank) but since I was getting ready to really pull the trigger on it I decided to do what I always do....read ...read and then read some more....I found an article that has me stopped in my tracks and now I have decided not to get the jawfish....in the end my crazy desire for one is outweighed by, as always, doing the right thing for my inhabitants.....so some day I will have this fish, but I would rather build it a dedicated tank in the future so I can truly enjoy it 

Fast or active swimming fish should also be avoided. All surgeonfish, angelfish, and butterflies fit into this category. Additionally, certain wrasses will fall into this category. Any larger fish that darts or becomes hyperactive during feeding may potentially cause problems. If you want to keep your jawfish with any fish that fit into this category, it is highly recommended that you never remove your cover from the aquarium. Otherwise, in time, you will find your jawfish on the floor.

I have tangs and wrasses and all sorts of constant swimming fish that go bonkers at feeding time....I don't want the fish to feel stressed all the time...not worth it to me...so sadly I will figure out something else  :sad:

Not to jump in on the thread...but you could easily still do a jawfish...they will just tend to make their home away from the fray , like mine does, and you will need to target feed...I've had mine for over a year with VERY active fish , in an almost to small aquarium (another reason I'm upgrading, being the tang, clowns, and angels are getting big!) my jawfish has moved burrows once since being in my tank to move to a more secluded area than she was previously in...