My Niger Trigger is a shark!

countryboy

I have a niger trigger that is about 5 inches. Every time I put my fingers in the tank to do anything the little SOB bites the crap out of me! Those little fangs leave holes! Is this common with them or is mine just a little p#*!k!

Rub some jalepeno juice on your fingers before putting them in the tank... :-) kidding..

Might need to be fed more often, or you may need to dissociate your finger with food. Feed it with tongs or something else or in a specific location. I never owned one but that is common practice when dealing with predators.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

So skeet was taken out of posts by the bad word filter but p#*!k is allowed to stay in?  heh. 

I kept waiting for the video to load when reading your post.  I want to see him bite.

I've never had a problem with my triggers, but if you got him this big and did not rear him up feeding by hand...he thinks they are little sausages....

Going to have to wear some brand new yellow cleaning gloves and try to scare him away from your hand if you can...

So skeet was taken out of posts by the bad word filter but p#*!k is allowed to stay in?  heh. 

I kept waiting for the video to load when reading your post.  I want to see him bite.

If you'd like to come over we'll make the video, but we use your fingers!

I've never had a problem with my triggers, but if you got him this big and did not rear him up feeding by hand...he thinks they are little sausages....

Going to have to wear some brand new yellow cleaning gloves and try to scare him away from your hand if you can...

I did rear him up by hand feeding, This is when he started nibbling!

Rub some jalepeno juice on your fingers before putting them in the tank... :-) kidding..

Might need to be fed more often, or you may need to dissociate your finger with food. Feed it with tongs or something else or in a specific location. I never owned one but that is common practice when dealing with predators.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I feed once a day but I feed pretty heavey

Then I believe you just got a meanie head,lol

My little Niger thought he was a puppy, had him from the time he was a little bigger than an inch long till almost 6.. Pretty streamers and such, my hand in the tank, he would rub on it to be petted!

That's how most of my fish are also, I've got a 8to 10 inch unicorn that I can rub. I got the niger when he was about 3 inches long but seems the bigger he get's the more of a butt- head he becomes

I've had attack clown fish - mean buggers!

My old GSMaroon used to attack...I had nice triggers and a mean clownfish,lol

That's how I know about the thick yellow cleaning gloves! Lol she was scared the first few times I wore them, then she learned she could headbutt me and bite through them,lol

my clown draws blood from me constantly....shes a total beyotch. 

my yellow belly loves to eat out of my fingers with the rest of the fish but I think she bites me on purpose as she seems to nibble my fingers no where near the food...but when she realizes I am going to pull the food out all of a sudden she behaves and goes back to being polite with the rest of them....

Me too. My black clown used to attack anytime I'd put my hand in the tank. Doesn't sound bad, but it would leave nasty little bite marks all over my hand and forearm!

I have a several yellow damsels that attack my arm and hand when I put my hand into the tank. I did not realized they were attacking at first until recently when one took a really hard bit at my finger. Some mean fish we have huh?

I had a Porcupine Puffer that loved to be hand fed..... Until one day he thought I was the food and BAM instant blood blister on the tip of my finger. I flushed him..... Just kidding :). I just stopped hand feeding lol

Country this made my night. I'm coming to watch.

I had a lawnmower blenny that would come out of his little cave straight for me if I put my arm in the tank. Hated that little son of a gun. Eventually I removed him, because I was tired of getting bit everytime I needed to go into the tank.

Is that the trigger in your lager tank when I was there? If so that thing was gorgeous!

Just put a line in there with a worm and fish him out  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

No but seriously, get yourself one of these and im sure he'll leave you alone. sharkhand_zpsa2a4e37f.jpg