Mr. Aqua 25G build

kjamaya

My 4th tank in 3 different zip codes... Obsessed :huh: no.... just making a window in a room with no windows.

Here are photos of what I got so far.

20130920_083348_zpsb4b14f35.jpg

20130920_083403_zps8caf895f.jpg

20130920_084249_zpsc0aee16f.jpg

I decided not to drill the tank because of how thin the glass is. Instead I’m going with a slim design overflow box. I used this overflow for my 75g and think I may need a ball valve to restrict some flow. As for a return pump I'll be using a mag 3. Tank is going to be mostly lps, zoas, softies, acans, and mushrooms. No sps yet but maybe later. As in for fish, I’m going to keep it simple. I’ll have a pair of clowns, fire fish, pistol and goby, and a show fish. Haven’t decided what my “show” fish is going to be so any suggestion would be great. Next week I will be adding black sand and 20g of water change water plus 5g of new water. I will also add a piece of live rock to seed my dead rock.

Before you put water, I vote to drill the tank and add a glass hikes overflow box. It's only $50. And will look so much better!

+1

I also liked the first layout better...but I'm sure you'll change it again before your done...

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

So I drilled the tank and it Didn't crack  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

However, I believe I may of done the hole to high :sad:

The photo shows that the top of the overflow sits about .5' above the tank. Will this be a problem?

20131009_131049_zps7729073b.jpg

Edited by kjamaya

Is that a Glass Holes overflow? Another option may be to use a BRS overflow which is three-sided that you silicone to the panel. Your water will run a half inch higher which means that you'll have to be more careful about flow over the weir, and algae growth on the teeth.

Sent from my phone

Also, I remember there was a lot of wiggle room. Is it down as far as it will go?

It is a pretty sweet overflow. I got it from a member cant seem to remember their name ;). Unfortunately its as low as it can go..... I'll be running a mag 3 with it so hopefully I qont need to dial it back and it'll work without a problem...

Is that a Glass Holes overflow? Another option may be to use a BRS overflow which is three-sided that you silicone to the panel. Your water will run a half inch higher which means that you'll have to be more careful about flow over the weir, and algae growth on the teeth. Sent from my phone

It is a glass hole overflow. I may take it off and have some one make teeth on each side. Thanks for the idea!

As in for algae growth, which I didn't think of, I'll see about making a sort of umbrella to shield the light from lighting on it. It may help?

I would like to do leds over the tank but haven't found one that's with in my price range. I have a few panoramas but need whites to complete it. Thus far I am thinking of using this light http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23646&cmpid=03csegpl&ref=6111&subref=AA&CAWELAID=1059619369&catargetid=1570177652&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla and

adding 2-4 panoramas.......

If not, I believe I'll go MH with led accents.

out of those two options - A

I agree. I really like what you did with the first one. Sometimes the first is the best!

I agree. I really like what you did with the first one. Sometimes the first is the best!

I vote for A