DCReefer1964 156 Gallon Oceanic Resurrection

Well forgot to post my decision on a sump and skimmer solution. Went with a 45 breeder for sump. I will use the Oceanic 150 sump and cut it up for baffles. I think the tinted glass would look cool. As for the skimmer the Deltec is just too big for this build. I will use it for the 135 gallon rimless, and use the Black Pearl CS2 for this one. Back to the Avast Marine theme!!!

Posted Image

Chime in with recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well forgot to post my decision on a sump and skimmer solution. Went with a 45 breeder for sump. I will use the Oceanic 150 sump and cut it up for baffles. I think the tinted glass would look cool. As for the skimmer the Deltec is just too big for this build. I will use it for the 135 gallon rimless, and use the Black Pearl CS2 for this one. Back to the Avast Marine theme!!!

Chime in with recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First, I would advise that you turn everything right side up, or you're going to have a heck of a time getting water through there without leaking ;)

I don't understand, if the Deltec is too big for the 150, how does it fit better on the 135? I have to remind myself to take the KISS method sometimes, don't overthink your sump too much, or we'll never see this thing wet!

First, I would advise that you turn everything right side up, or you're going to have a heck of a time getting water through there without leaking ;)

I don't understand, if the Deltec is too big for the 150, how does it fit better on the 135? I have to remind myself to take the KISS method sometimes, don't overthink your sump too much, or we'll never see this thing wet!

My 135 Rimless is 6ft while the 156 Oceanic is 5ft. TapaTalk does that some time for some odd reason. Moderator please fix. In addition you have not heard of Negative gravity reefkeeping upside down is rightside up!!!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

My 135 Rimless is 6ft while the 156 Oceanic is 5ft. TapaTalk does that some time for some odd reason. Moderator please fix. In addition you have not heard of Negative gravity reefkeeping upside down is rightside up!!!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Wish we could, but the image is hosted on a tapatalk server. If you could copy it over to Photobucket, manipulate it there, and insert the link that way, maybe it would help.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new to report. Spent time setting up a tank for the meeting and get the rubbermaid out of the garage. Holding tank turned into it's own build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Wicked! Nice pieces! And the rockwork looks nice as well, you've got some big pieces in there!

They are large pieces. I have had them for 11 years. In and out of different builds. Did you see the Deltec that is 2 days worth wet Skimmate , and it stinks bad.

Thanks just a holding tank for the 156 build. It is just suppose to be a frag tank LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

keep those yellow polyps in a shaded area away from light and they'll stay canary yellow. keep them in the light and they'll turn dark yellow.

Will do. When I finish installing the substrate I will relocate them. Man the grow like weeds as well. That is another reason to move them. I use to keep small coral chunks around them to keep them from taking over.

• 1 month later...