DCReefer1964 156 Gallon Oceanic Resurrection

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the avast theme!

Also, as long as nnone of the scratches are deep you can fill them....if they really bother you....

Fill them with what.

Test application on trim.

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After just playing around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

White epoxy 2 part complete. Brought old memories of my Navy day. Found out that my dog could talk, and pink elephants do exist.Posted Image

Final color achieved on stand. Now to poly seal.

Posted Image

Ahhhh now I see what you were talkin about...what's the brand name of the stuff? I will probably do that on the inside of my stand too, but I'm still putting down shower liner on the base...but the epoxy will be a nice step for the inside walls...

Test application on trim.

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After just playing around

That looks a gazillion times better. Sorry about the scratches... I hate when people aren't just forth coming about defects.. you shouldnt have to be surprised about it.. shady.

The trim looks incredible !!! This is going to be a fantastic build... can't wait :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

(edited)

That looks a gazillion times better. Sorry about the scratches... I hate when people aren't just forth coming about defects.. you shouldnt have to be surprised about it.. shady.

The trim looks incredible !!! This is going to be a fantastic build... can't wait :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't feel that way about this one. If Jan knew she would have posted that info. She was very busy with her move to Fla. Edited by DCReefer1964

loving the avast theme. i may go that route for my next build as well. wish they made controllers and maybe a quality magnetic veggie clip. looking good. what brand are you using for the trim? i may end up doing the same thing with mines.

Just use white primer, and stain past. I used Minwax. Wipe on , wipe off. Remove as much stain as possible each time. Then seal with clear.

Posted Image

Avast team assembled!!!!!

Now on to plumbing. Need to convert this CS1 to a external. It can't be that hard ?

what are u going to do with those overflows?

are you planning on using one of those reactors as a biopellet reactor?

im thinking about purchasing a avast reactor and the biopellet nozzle since the pellets in the tlf reactor stopped tumbling like when new. kinda pointless if you cant shake off the excess bacteria right?

Edited by jimlin

what are u going to do with those overflows?

are you planning on using one of those reactors as a biopellet reactor?

im thinking about purchasing a avast reactor and the biopellet nozzle since the pellets in the tlf reactor stopped tumbling like when new. kinda pointless if you cant shake off the excess bacteria right?

I think I will just leave the overflows as is. The large reactor is the 22" tall Kracken (sweet) I had the TLF and mine failed as well. The 2 MR10's will run carbon and GFO. Wish I could of gotten the CS2 Captains Reserve, but this CS1 is ok for now. I will see if it is up to the hype that I have been hearing. I am going to install there Zeolite reactor soon.

Are u going to have enough room in the sump to handle the water volume when the return pump turns off. 24 gallons on a 156 seems slightly undersized.

(edited)

Are u going to have enough room in the sump to handle the water volume when the return pump turns off. 24 gallons on a 156 seems slightly undersized.

True I was also concerned about that. May have to build a 40 breeder sump, or create a dual sump configuration. In addition there is a utility room behind the tank, could plump emergency drain.

I forgot that I had an Avast 2 part dosing barrels. Considering building small cabinet to hold Apex & accessories plus dedicated iPad.

Edited by DCReefer1964