Hitchhiker of the worst kind!!!

rebekwl

Okay, if the sudden infestation of ich wasn't enough.. I noticed a small creature peeking out behind the rocks at me.. when i got closer for a better view, it moved like lightning behind the rock. I believe it's a Mantis!! Stay tuned......

Ironically I had a mantis hitch along when I had a 92 corner lol....must be the tank as never had one since in last 10 years....was a beyotch to get rid of though.....took a looooong time....he found a new home in the Naples fl gulf

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nice. Get some long stainless tongs, put some food in front of his hidey hole and ****** him when he comes out, heh. Dennis, d2mini on reef central, caught two of them from his Tampa Bay Saltwater rocks along with a few gorilla crabs.

Find the hole he lives in. Get a bucket and put some salt water in it. Get some carbonated water (seltzer water) and a turkey baster, take the rock out and hold it over the bucket and squirt some the carbonated water in the hole he's hiding in. He'll come out quickly and drop into your bucket.

I caught a small N. wennerae spp. years ago and kept him in a separate tank for several years before he passed. I fed him bits of frozen shrimp (on a shishkabob skeweer), pest crabs and the occasional snail.

(edited)

Haven't seen him again yet, But we are reaking havoc on the tank right now (catching fish for the qt).. 

Edited by rebekwl

Find the hole he lives in. Get a bucket and put some salt water in it. Get some carbonated water (seltzer water) and a turkey baster, take the rock out and hold it over the bucket and squirt some the carbonated water in the hole he's hiding in. He'll come out quickly and drop into your bucket.

I caught a small N. wennerae spp. years ago and kept him in a separate tank for several years before he passed. I fed him bits of frozen shrimp (on a shishkabob skeweer), pest crabs and the occasional snail.

Had one in my tank when i worked in Salt lake city, Did the same thing!

That's nothing, look what I found in my one gallon Nano  :blink:  It must have snuck in with the live blackworms.

2013-07-30151000_zps646bfac1.jpg

Edited by paul b

I had 3 mantis hitchhike in on Tampa rock: big tank/couldn't remove rock. I was forced to harpoon with a chopstick (after losing multiple fish to the suckers, it wasn't a particularly sad event).