I have been thinking of starting this thread for more than a year now but never got time. Finally now that I am planning to upgrade again I thought it would be nice to put the tank progression pics on this forum. 

As some of you know I started with a 6gallon Fluval Edge nano tank about 3 years ago and then I ran out of room to place corals so I upgraded to my current ELOS midi tank. Now I am running out of room in this tank so this time I am planning on going big...big like 180g :). That tank is still in planning phase.

Here are the details of my current tank and some pics below

Tank: ELOS MIDI
Sump: ELOS SUMP 400
Return Pump: Sicce 2.0
Water Movement: 2 x MP10ESW
Skimmer: PS200

Light: Vertex Illumina 260 LED
ATO: ELOS Osmocontroller
Filtration: Filter sock + NextReef MR1 Shorty reactor for GFO and Carbon

The tank is placed such that all 4 sides are visible. The front of the tank has corals which require more light and the back of the tank has my LPS corals.

ELOSTANK-2.jpg

Did My rock structure with BRS rock and E-Marco

ELOSTANK-1.jpg

ELOSTANK-7.jpg

My favorite inhabitants  - Yasha goby and Tiger Pistol shrimp. The pistol shrimp is responsible for taking numerous frags and one maxima clam in his tunnel never to be seen again.

ELOSTANK-10.jpg

ELOSTANK-12.jpg

My latest prized possession 'ORA Red Goniopora' - got it from Quantum Reefs. This has already grown in size since i got it couple of months ago

ELOSTANK-13.jpg

ELOSTANK-14.jpg

ELOSTANK-17.jpg

ELOSTANK-26.jpg

This pink bridsnest came from Evan (DerABT) and when I got it from him more than 2 years ago it was less than 1/2 inch big. 

ELOSTANK-29.jpg

My penderson shrimp decided to live in my plate coral from the day I bought it. He is really beautiful and this photo doesn't do justice to him

ELOSTANK-30.jpg

Side tank shot of the front of the tank

ELOSTANK-32.jpg

got this as a single head and now it has more than 20 heads

ELOSTANK-33.jpg

Back side of my tank - LPS side with xenia growing on overflow, blue ochtodes algae and blue green sympodium growing side by side

ELOSTANK-36.jpg

ORA Purple Stylo

ELOSTANK-48.jpg

ELOSTANK-53.jpg

ELOSTANK-61.jpg

The guys who is always hungry and stealing food from my LPS and fish

ELOSTANK-67.jpg

Token top down shot

ELOSTANK-70.jpg

ELOSTANK-71.jpg

For more pics you can visit this link

Cheers

Dip

What an incredible use of space.

stunning tank!!

I simply cannot wait to see that 180 build thread!!!!!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

As always fantastic tank. I think a spy a few other of my old corals still kicken it....everything looks so happy. Great color balance thru out the tank...you must have really thought out coral placement

I can't say anything that hasn't been said, beautiful tank, and that 180.... oh boy!

• 4 months later...

Dip! What's going on with your 180?! Started yet?

Isaac - had to put that project on hold but hopefully it will be something I will be working on early next year. 

Isaac - had to put that project on hold but hopefully it will be something I will be working on early next year.

Well, if I can ever help, let me know! I look forward to watching your genius on a large scale!

• 5 months later...
(edited)

The new tank build started today and this tank is going on sale today if I can get all the pictures and details. If anyone is interested in this ELOS Midi then please PM me.

Edited by dipg

The new tank build started today and this tank is going on sale today if I can get all the pictures and details. If anyone is interested in this ELOS Midi then please PM me.

I must not pull trigger ELOS !!!!!  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: