Hello from the Nation's Capital

Hi All!

Long time freshwater guy getting into saltwater.  Recently set up a 15 gal nano and still learning so much about the hobby (and enjoying every minute of it).  Looking forward to using the forums!

--Boomer

If you thought freshwater was addicting...

Welcome!

Welcome!  make sure to update your profile to reflect your location and get on the wamas map so you can find people close to you.

also, great timing as there is a social at BRK this weekend as well as Fragfest the following weekend.   

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  I'm already suffering from the addiction and spending more time than I should doing research, maintenance, and making trips to the store.  It's taking great discpline to stay patient when I'm looking at a cycled tank with so little in it right now.

how about some information about your tank?  Some of your thoughts as you transition over from fresh....some pictures etc....

Welcome to the club! So does the screen name stand for anything? Post some pictures of your tank. Can you make it to our Frag Fest in a couple week?

(edited)

I've got a standard 15 gal (24 x 12 x 12).  A little over 20 lbs of live rock, 10 lbs of live sand, and 10 lbs of regular sand.  Been running for a few weeks and have seemingly made it through the cycle (been testing regularly).  Added a few CUC members a week ago and just added my first fish and coral.  I have a ricordea, what I believe is Purple People Eater zoas, and a toadstool leather mushroom.  My one fish is a twin spot goby, which may have been a mistake the more I read about it, but was told it had been in the fish store a couple of weeks, was hardy, and was eating pellet food just fine.  It has not been taking to the pellets as of yet (only been a couple days) but I do have a healthy population of copepods for food and it seems to be doing fine for now.

I am going to do my best to make it to Frag Fest.  Sounds like a good time.  I will also try to add pictures soon.  And as for the screen name--it's just a nickname because my friends and family seem to think I'm loud. :laugh:

Edited by Boomer

ahhh you have learned the first hard lesson.....make the LFS feed the fish and watch it eat with your own eyes....

looking forward to following your journey and will keep an eye out for your inevitable "15 Gallon FS looking for a 90 Gallon to buy" thread ha ha ha...its a TRUE addiction....

a...its a TRUE addiction....

And non more addicted than yourself! lol

Welcome! A shot in the dark question. Do you have a Philadelphia connection at all? (Know someone that had that nickname a while back.)

Welcome! A shot in the dark question. Do you have a Philadelphia connection at all? (Know someone that had that nickname a while back.)

Nope.  Lived all over the country, but never in Philly.

And non more addicted than yourself! lol

pot paging kettle....

Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I hope to see you next weekend at Frag Fest.  Stop on by our booth and say hello.

Will do!