Tanked in Annapolis

dmatt56

Hello everyone

No one has mentioned last Fridays episode or tanked. They built a new tank for the Annapolis Mall.

My wife and I were making a return to Macy's and decided to stop by and see the tank.

Here's a pic from tonight:

Posted Image

Didn't see the golden puffer and here's the angel:

Posted Image

The blue and gold sail has also been taken down.

Has anyone else seen the tank?

Matt

Ironically, I just saw that episode on DVR. I turned if off because I'm annoyed at their (assuming) scripted antics.....One thing is for sure, they are not designers. With that said, they do build a lot of spectacular tanks.

just watched it from dvr today before work too! yeah the sail was horrid...even in the concept drawing...and looks like alot less fish than when they put them in...hhhrrrmmm

I haven't seen the episode yet but I will have to tomorrow. The guy I got my inserts from also makes them for ATM so I see some of the same corals in that tank that are in mine. It's sad how they throw those tanks together with fish that really shouldn't be together and we all pretty much know many of the fish don't make it.

I'm willing to bet it's just a wet/dry under the stand.

Don't want to spoil it, but it's not a wet/dry.  Actually, the filtration didn't look bad to me (couldn't tell manufacturers though).

Don't want to spoil it, but it's not a wet/dry.  Actually, the filtration didn't look bad to me (couldn't tell manufacturers though).

Canister filter? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I see about 8 fish in that picture, I thought I saw about 50 on the episode? Will have to re-watch. Call me crazy, I liked the sail, and this tank in general. Yes, 99% of fake corals look like crap.

I see about 8 fish in that picture, I thought I saw about 50 on the episode? Will have to re-watch. Call me crazy, I liked the sail, and this tank in general. Yes, 99% of fake corals look like crap.

maybe the customer returned a majority of the fish after the show to save some money.

I would let them build me a tank!, But I do the stocking, start up etc.. They move way to fast and you'd lose $1,000's of $$$ in fish! no thanks!

I would let them build me a tank!, But I do the stocking, start up etc.. They move way to fast and you'd lose $1,000's of $$$ in fish! no thanks!

i actually went to their store and saw one of their tanks with stand and everything for sale with the price tag of $5,000. it was a culinder type tank which holds about 50 gallons.

i actually went to their store and saw one of their tanks with stand and everything for sale with the price tag of $5,000. it was a culinder type tank which holds about 50 gallons.

Ouch! 

(edited)

Ouch! 

I guess, when you have a TV show you can go from $1/gallon to $100/gallon :huh:.. That's the Movie star pricing!!! LLS!!!

Edited by rebekwl

I just went and watched the episode. Wow, they must have had a bunch of deaths since it was installed. To me the sail should have been higher so you could walk under it, they that the space to raise it. I noticed in the picture above that one of the ropes on the top came loose already and was just threw on top.

I guess, when you have a TV show you can go from $1/gallon to $100/gallon :huh:.. That's the Movie star pricing!!! LLS!!!

well, it came with filtration as well, sturdy stand and canopy so i dont think you need to buy anything for it except fish. also came with coral inserts in the middle. i think it is a reasonable price.

well, it came with filtration as well, sturdy stand and canopy so i dont think you need to buy anything for it except fish. also came with coral inserts in the middle. i think it is a reasonable price.

I don't know much about Overhead/ mark-up, but that seems steep to me for a 50 gallon tank.. IMO.. I have seen tanks retail and on here that come with alot more, for alot less. Just my humble opinon.