A New Tank Video TANG POLICE ARE GOING TO GET ME

gwweber

(edited)

LOL Some pics of my cube. Getting ready to move in a month or so, so it will never be the same. And yes i know that tang is too big, rest assured, he is very happy atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-JpLeoZuA

Edited by gwweber

I don't see a very happy fish.

I see a fat fish that has NO room to swim. He barely has enough room to turn around in that tank. Not to mention two MORE tangs who have no room to move.

I hate to ask how long has he been in these conditions and how much longer will he need to be there. I hope when you move you are setting up a 220 for that guy.

I guess I am curious about your subject line...I think you internalize that your tank is absolutely not a correct environment for the fish you have chosen, but seem to be inviting drama by taunting people to chime in so that the only response by you will be defensive. This baffles me to be honest.

He's struggling to keep himself in one spot let alone swim. Give him to coralhind. The tang rescue tank.

(edited)

he is going in my new 150 one more month

kinda funny cant remember the last time i lost a fish.

Btw he is a lot happier now then when he was in the 30 gal tank at the shop. I know his size issues and am dealing with them. I also knew that the tang police would be on my case. NO problem. His longitude constraints are being delt with very soon. I also say that he has gone from not eating to nori (large sheets) and even flakes both of which he takes out of my fingers.

Also the yellow tang is very small and the cole is a large medium and are not too big for the tank, The tank is a 64gal cube, and there are large passages in the reef they play in.

I also think that the size issue exists and everyone is being helpfull. THANKS SERIOUS APPRECIATE IT and in fact i would be on the same page with you guys (and gals) if I saw the video was conderned for the fish.

My tank has been on autopilot for almost a year and I am really looming forward to my new build, just mont county has had its way with us on our new house build and I still can not start my new tank up.\

i am using a 150 gal tank for the sump on my new 150. It is a 6 foot tank. I am going to use a large ASM skimmer stiing in a 40 gallon tank that is going to be a rock baffel for better words. Any suggestions on how i should baffle my sump would be helpfull.

Edited by gwweber

He's really already to big for a 150, maybe a 180 minimum, a 300 would be better.

(edited)

i'm being sincere when i say i'll take them from you and have immediate homes with at least 7' length of tank to play around in. heck i could put them in one of my 4' long QTs for a month or two until i get my 265 (7') set up. that cube situation is kind of sad to look at. i am glad to see that they are fed and have eaten well.

in regards to your sump question, i'd suggest opening a separate thread for that with appropriate title as i can't imagine that subject transition happening easily or successfully given the content you've already provided.

Edited by monkiboy

How do you know he is "very happy"?

Anthropomorphism - how can it be "happy" or anything else. Not much above a ganglion = all it does is eat, poop, breathe, breed.

In our tanks fish are alive, healthy (or both) or dead.

Anthropomorphism - how can it be "happy" or anything else. Not much above a ganglion = all it does is eat, poop, breathe, breed.

In our tanks fish are alive, healthy (or both) or dead.

Oh Erik, That is so not true. Fish are actually quite intelligent and have much much more than a ganglion. They can be actively trained and have reasonably complicated systems of communication. They can ABSOLUTELY be happy, sad, etc.

This is precisely why despite the fact that gwweber claims his fish is happy, it is not. He is only taking into consideration that it is alive: eating, good color. Just because you can keep a fish alive and maintain good water quality does not mean you are providing a good home for it. They need space to swim, space to sleep, grazing opportunities etc. That is why the other two tangs in the tank are also compromised. They have no room to go any where without being in the space of the large fish.

Fish have very complex behaviors and are not simply alive or dead. That type of thinking was very popular in the 1950's when it was applied to all non-human animals, including dogs and monkeys. We have come a very long way since then.

And yes that fish needs a 180 or larger.

(edited)

I think what gwweber meant to say was that HE was happy, not the fish. Who cares what's going on with anything in the tank as long as there are pretty colors to look at. When it dies, he'll just buy another one........until it dies. Oh, and the 150g DD is only 36x36.

Edited by steveoutlaw

Holy crap that's alot of Tang for that space. I'll soon be giving my Vlamingi tang to my LFS to put in their huge display tank so my Chocolate atng will have the 125 to herself!!!!!

I believe he sold it or is selling it, having taken the advice of concerned persons. We all get excited over things once in a while and focus on that for a bit rather than reality.

reality tank show coming up now

reality tank show coming up now

So did you take both fish out of your take as mentioned above?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There are at least a dozen WAMAS members with tangs in relatively small tanks. My hope would be that they take the calling out of one person as something personal to themselves and put the fish in more ideal homes, but do you see any of them posting questions or comments on this thread? Stop scapegoating and post a general thread to the entire WAMAS audience.

First off, let him defend himself.....this isn't your battle. Secondly, he brought this on himself when he posted the video. He basically ASKED for it in the post title. Last - nobody is scapegoating anyone. If ANY other member showed what he did they would get the same result.

I think It's pathetic to defend someone doing something cruel just because they are a friend.

Oh Erik, That is so not true. Fish are actually quite intelligent and have much much more than a ganglion. They can be actively trained and have reasonably complicated systems of communication. They can ABSOLUTELY be happy, sad, etc..................

Fish have very complex behaviors and are not simply alive or dead. That type of thinking was very popular in the 1950's when it was applied to all non-human animals, including dogs and monkeys. We have come a very long way since then.

Rubbish. They do not have emotions, about the only other organism that does would be primates, and maybe some other mammals.

Training to respond to a stimulus is not indicative of emotion nor is the complexity of a given behavior.

Here's one for ya - define progress. Intellect, oh bummer, that's dropping over the last decade or to put it another way we're devolving as s species.............so much for progress.

.................If ANY other member showed what he did they would get the same result..................

Have to agree - member H-E-double hockey sticks, try it on any forum, always brings out the "police". Since it is a known reaction, one might ask it if was intentional? Happens on every forum - the self appointed morality patrol come out. First question for them is - how old are all the fish you have? Or have had? All lived to their maximum life expectancy? LMAO, yeah, that's what I thought.

I'll not side with them (I wouldn't do it) or against them..........we all walk the line - the fish in a glass box against the predators in nature. Me, I'll focus more on the animals in my care & not worry so much about what others are doing.