Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

Gum drop coral croucher! My new favorite fish...

Also could do some fun filefish...maybe a pair of helfreichis?

And of course I love jawfish .....or maybe a goby?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gum drop coral croucher! My new favorite fish...

Also could do some fun filefish...maybe a pair of helfreichis?

And of course I love jawfish .....or maybe a goby?

Haha those look really different! I've though about a pair of helfrichi's too but I've also heard they can have kind of boring personalities. A BSJ would be awesome though! Giving me good ideas here...

A new close up shot of the canopy:

8689536259_297db1ab1f_c.jpg

That canopy really is cool. It looks so much like you grabbed a chunk of concrete and decided to hang it above your super fragile looking rimless tank. Just a really nice contrast of texture, and adds some drama and danger to the display. Smasher vs breakable with gravity sure to win some day, stone vs water. I like it a lot.

Edited by AlanM

That canopy really is cool. It looks so much like you grabbed a chunk of concrete and decided to hang it above your super fragile looking rimless tank. Just a really nice contrast of texture, and adds some drama and danger to the display. Smasher vs breakable with gravity sure to win some day, stone vs water. I like it a lot.

Thanks Alan! You pretty much nailed it as far as the reason I went with the concrete treated canopy. The contrast of textures is really what I was going for but lets just hope the stone doesn't beat the water :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I've been promising this forever but it's finally here!  Been almost 4 months since I've posted an FTS so it really gives you a good sense of growth.  Also, I know this isn't as clean as shots I normally post but I really just wanted to get one up.  You can also see how the colonista snails have taken over my tank.

9389231196_2ecd20b1c3_c.jpg

I don't understand how people keep these so simple. Looks amazing, as always.

Ohhhh Pierce! Looks great!

Thanks!!

I don't understand how people keep these so simple. Looks amazing, as always.

Thanks! I try and go for the minimalist look because I just personally like it and because it gives the fish more room to swim.  It is very difficult keeping corals off the sandbed but I really like how it looks.  If you look closely there some chalices in the sand on the left side but they are pushed right up against the rocks.

Looks awesome!

Thanks Brad!

like everyone has said, looks so clean and elegant. nice work!

Gorgeous and inspiring!!

Very nice!!

Thanks guys!!!

Sorry tank is great and all, but I'm still more impressed by the lights. 8)

:laugh:  I still haven't seen any lighting fixtures like it...

Although I have seen more and more concrete finishes in furniture recently.

Very very nice! I wish I could learn to photos like you too...great pics

Thanks matt!!  It takes lots of practice and tweaking.  There's some great threads on this forum and on other forums about reef photography too.  Three of my main tips are to use a tripod and remote shutter release, keep the lens perpendicular to the glass and not at an angle, and make sure your glass is perfectly clean  :happy:

• 3 months later...

How about a FTS, it's been a few months! Also, would you consider adding one to this thread?

• 1 month later...

How about a FTS, it's been a few months! Also, would you consider adding one to this thread?

+1

Yeah I'll try and do some cleaning and take one today!  My sand has been cycling again since I had start over with new sand with the move but things have settled in pretty nicely otherwise.

Impressive growth! Love that rimless well worth the extra money! I bet its a lot easier to clean, work on and make adjustments underwater too.