Storm To Hit On 3/5/-3/6

Squishie89

(edited)

I can only find a couple of my airstones for my battery pumps.

I still don't believe it. The temperatures aren't right, and the ground is too warm for stuff to last very long. At least where I live.

There is nothing coming down here. No wind either.

Edited by treesprite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Federal Government closed. Oh, I'm emergency essential, so I'll be driving back in tonight. Hope everyone's power stays on and you enjoy the snow day if you get one.

(edited)

Have maybe 1/4th" here, nothing on the paved areas, and it is not currently precipitating.

Edited by treesprite

12" plus here at 7 am.

post-2633183-0-61071400-1362573225_thumb.jpg

post-2633183-0-41503700-1362573266_thumb.jpg

I should have taken the bet. We are expecting at least 6 to 7 more before it's over.

"If you give a Moose a muffin" and "If you give a Pig a Party". I've read them all to my daughter.LOL!!! Seems so long ago. Sorry for the off topic. Could not resist.

It's like the give a mouse a cookie book.

A few pictures from central Loudoun, where I have 4-1/2" of pretty densely packed snow on the ground and still more falling (though they're small flakes now). We had about an inch at 1 AM this morning. This is what I woke up to this morning.

gallery_2631296_685_122386.jpg

Out the front door.

gallery_2631296_685_74267.jpg

Out the back master bedroom.

gallery_2631296_685_213244.jpg

gallery_2631296_685_101896.jpg

My mom in Waynesboro lost power at 4am and says they have more than a foot so far and still coming down.

Wow Tom, It looks like you will have a lot of fun digging out!!!!! The local radio station says we should end up with 18 to 24 before it's over!!!!!!

Wow Tom, It looks like you will have a lot of fun digging out!!!!! The local radio station says we should end up with 18 to 24 before it's over!!!!!!

I have a tractor with a blade on it for the long driveway. :clap: The big unknown is when the state will be out to plow the roads. However, it's really not that bad out there where I'm at and, if needed, could be easily driven through. You just have to watch those hills with stop signs at the bottom.

My tractor is going to get a workout later today. The hoa hasn't touched my road yet.!!!!!

My tractor is going to get a workout later today. The hoa hasn't touched my road yet.!!!!!

Yeah, well you're getting a lot more of this than I am. My blade is about 14" tall. If I were where you're at, I'd be plowing already to keep the accumulation manageable. I like getting out and moving snow, though, whether it's behind the wheel of the tractor or working a shovel. It's quiet and you're instantly rewarded with visible progress. Snow still has not, even after 35 years of living in snow climates, lost its novelty to this California-boy.

Just got back in from the first plowing, not too bad. Still coming down about an inch an hour. I've lived in this area all my life and days like today make me want to move to the Keys!!!!!!!

We're getting a very heavy wet snow here. It isn't sticking very much. It is accumulating, but for the amount that is falling I don't see it. It has picked up since 6am. We're going to have problems when the temp drops.

"If you give a Moose a muffin" and "If you give a Pig a Party". I've read them all to my daughter.LOL!!! Seems so long ago. Sorry for the off topic. Could not resist.

My son loves those books.

Back on topic: Wow, crazy how much snow you guys out west have already gotten. I'm in Vienna and it's starting to come down really hard now. It's the thick, wet, heavy stuff.

It's coming down heavy right now here south of Hamilton, VA. Much larger flakes.

I still see grass everywhwre.

I see a big snow storm FAIL here in Falls Church.

Yeah, Rob called it. We got rain from 11AM instead of the heavy snow predicted. Kids had fun early so wasn't a total loss. Was hoping for a good one though.