best 36'' tank size

turbo2oh

I've been going back and forth over the past few weeks trying to decide exactly what size tank I want. I think I've decided to keep it in the basement instead of the 2nd floor so I don't have to stress over weight issues.The issue is in the basement the area I'd like to put the tank is almost exactly 48'' wide. Instead of having it look very cramped with a 48'' tank I'd like to stick with a 36''.

I'm trying to decide on a size and have been reviewing the options at glasscages.com. Any suggestions?

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=46

I'm leaning towards the 65-wide or the 95 3-wide. Is the additional height a good idea? I'm planning to do a mixed-reef.

Thanks!

Phil

Not to stray but I have a very nice 36x36 custom built stand for sale in the for sale section and a tank build for 36x36 under pizzaguys build if you wanna check it out to visualize the dimensions.

Deep blue makes a really nice 36" rimless tank thats also very affordable. Several Vendor members can get those for you. Personally I would avoid glass cages all together. If you want custom talk to Adam from artfully Acrylic or NAGA. But I would highly recommend the Deep blue tank. I believe it 57 gallons. If you look in the dedicated tank forum a member "John" has one.

57G Rimless, yes I'm a little bias :)

A 36" cube would be cool if you have the depth...I guess :)

Thumbs up

My favorite small tank thus far is my current 50g...its 36wx18hx18d

Pretty good as far as depth goes...give enough for aquascaping and very active fish..a 36 cube would be better though!

I am a pretty big fan of my 36x24, I think it's a great size without being too intrusive into a room like a cube can be (don't get me wrong, I love them, but there is a shear footprint issue to contend with).

Though, I too am biased on the issue.

Thanks guys, I'm starting to think the cube would be the best. I think ideally I'd want a rimless 36x36 with a depth of somewhere between 17 and 24 which I think should be somewhere between 100 and 135g.

I'll look around in the vendor section but if anyone is aware of an offering like this I'd appreciate it otherwise I'll be digging around the internet.

@zygote2k: Where did you get your tank?

@john: your tank looks great! What is the depth?

@dbartco : Haha you convinced me to actually measure it out, I hadn't considered taking a rectangular tank and having both sides visible but unfortunately it would just be too long.

My favorite is definitely the Marineland 150g DD cube. I regret getting rid of mine when I upgraded, wish I would have held onto it. Perfect dimensions for using a single 400w halide

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2