Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I can't believe you read it all. I would have just looked at the pictures. Hope you learned something. Hope I learned something, actually.

I came for the pictures, but I stayed to see how far the wife would let you go

Lol...he knows how you like to change things!

I don't even know what you're talking about right now!

I came for the pictures, but I stayed to see how far the wife would let you go

This is signature worthy.

Wow, love the pyramids.  10 years ago I asked David of CA to special order me one, he never could get one.  Interested to see how they do!

Thanks, Loni! They are super hearty eaters, and they are doing great in the reef. It's my understanding that they are briefly seasonal, and often overlooked. They are my favorite fish additions. It helps that they're a freaking trio!

I didn't know we could hold things. In that case can I call the pyramids now. We all know you like to hold on to things for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I don't even understand this. I'm holding onto everything!

OMG my friend.  These are beautiful!!! How incredibly gorgeous.  I would like to be first in line if you ever decide to get rid of one :laugh:

I'm enjoying what they bring to my reef! Again, let the record show, I will be holding onto all my fish :)

I just noticed that you added Chip's quote.  awesome. 

I got a good chuckle out of it.

I did say "if"....

Touche. My mama always said 'if' is a very big word with only two letters.

They utilize all 6' of my tank, I think they would be a bad fit for anything shorter.

Touche. My mama always said 'if' is a very big word with only two letters.

They utilize all 6' of my tank, I think they would be a bad fit for anything shorter.

Lol. OK so IF you ever decide to get rid of one and IF by that point I've upgraded. ...

Lol. OK so IF you ever decide to get rid of one and IF by that point I've upgraded. ...

Tricia- you are totally out of the running for the Butterflies!

First off, you cant break the triplets up, that is just wrong!  so asking for one is just rude. :tongue:

Secondly, your tank does not have enough length for them to "run their legs". It is like keeping a Greyhound in a 500 sq. ft. apartment with no place to give him a place to go out and exercise.

Third, They would look SOOOO much better in my 8' tank, 300g of just pure fun.....just sayin :tongue:

Fourth, I believe Isaac is going to provide them with an even larger playground in the near future. :cool:

First off, you cant break the triplets up, that is just wrong! so asking for one is just rude. :tongue:

Secondly, your tank does not have enough length for them to "run their legs". It is like keeping a Greyhound in a 500 sq. ft. apartment with no place to give him a place to go out and exercise.

Third, They would look SOOOO much better in my 8' tank, 300g of just pure fun.....just sayin :tongue:

Fourth, I believe Isaac is going to provide them with an even larger playground in the near future. :cool:

Sigh. I've been dq'd at the starting line

First off, you cant break the triplets up, that is just wrong! so asking for one is just rude. :tongue:

Sigh. I've been dq'd at the starting line

So when are you moving?

Around October. We are going to take our time.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured before the masses descended into Arlington to collect their goods, I would give what will probably be the last update on Two Tanks One Room, renting edition. 

I am in the process of buying a Condo right around the corner from our current location, we are closing on the 24th, and the 150 has found a home, and a deposit has been placed. I tore down the frag tank before MACNA 2014, and placed everything in my tank. I also removed my monti rock, LTA, and most softies last month, and replaced with some high end zoas. The tank is mostly on auto pilot, sans a water change every two weeks.

I removed and sold my Radions last month, and have been using the T5 supplement bulbs and an Evergrow IT2080 rotated over the sides temporarily, while I wait for a Sunpower fixture to arrive. I have chosen a color combination of 6 blue plus and 1 fiji purple. I have the two coral plus bulbs already if i want to try some switching around. Once the money is nice, I will attempt to go KZ, but I'm sitting a little light in the pockets with all the purchasing lately.

At MACNA I spent a bit of time with Scott from The Alternative Reef, and ended up coming home with a hand made ceramic cover that wraps over an MP-40. I also ended up buying a few clam holders (what a sweet idea) and some plugs and heavy weighted plugs. I placed it in my tank to get it cycled before the move, it will look nice once the coraline starts to grow, and it's great quality stuff. He used the algae free magnets x3, which are probably worth what I bought it for alone!

DSC_0172_zps1521a687.jpg

My coraline is just starting to get out of control, and on return from MACNA, I had lost most of my small SPS frags. I have not tested in a while, but all the bigger stuff looks fine. I have purchased a miracles 180 gallon, glass eurobrace, and I will have to figure out how to plumb it, and will probably spend countless hours getting it right. A new stand is on the way, and will be delivered in the next few weeks (steel) and we have a carpenter preparing magnetic skins for it. So here it is, the final shots of Two Tanks One Room, renting edition:

DSC_0160_zps8420f452.jpg

DSC_0164_zpsd3db407a.jpg

DSC_0165_zps3237f6ba.jpg

DSC_0168_zps9792b51e.jpg

DSC_0170_zps97e1f142.jpg

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: We have been through Up/Downs on this build . I will miss it, but I know the 180 will be AWESOME!!!! Sir :laugh: 

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: We have been through Up/Downs on this build . I will miss it, but I know the 180 will be AWESOME!!!! Sir :laugh: 

I hope so! I'm really looking forward to the extra depth!

Sometimes we must destroy to rebuild. Looking forward to chapter two of endless subscription alerts in my inbox!

That's the way I sees it. I plan on continue the build here, so your inbox will be nothing short of ever empty, lol. Thanks for tagging along, sir.