Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures, you have some nice looking zoas.

Thanks, there's some nice ones!

So I'm sitting here looking at my tank for what will be about the last "real" time for the next 2 weeks. The in-laws are arriving from overseas tonight, so they will enjoy an ocean front view while they stay with us. I did a 40 gallon water change, glass cleaning, skimmer cleaning, and dosing container refilling. Double checked all the apex settings, whispered my Gyspy goodnight song, and crossed my fingers. I will still be feeding and the occasionally quick glass scrapes, I hope to see great results from finally leaving the tank alone. I'm only sad I'll have to wait to do my DIY T-5's.

Wanted to share a quick vid of my copperband. For the past 2 weeks or so, he's started eating from my fingers. He's got quite a strike for such a small fish with a long beak. He goes for gusto with every nip, and often outchases the bigger pieces of food from the tangs!

Very nice!

Have fun and have a great time at your wedding! It only happens once..make it fun!

Thanks, Kim! It's all happening.

So I'm sitting here looking at my tank for what will be about the last "real" time for the next 2 weeks. The in-laws are arriving from overseas tonight, so they will enjoy an ocean front view while they stay with us. I did a 40 gallon water change, glass cleaning, skimmer cleaning, and dosing container refilling. Double checked all the apex settings, whispered my Gyspy goodnight song, and crossed my fingers. I will still be feeding and the occasionally quick glass scrapes, I hope to see great results from finally leaving the tank alone. I'm only sad I'll have to wait to do my DIY T-5's.

Wanted to share a quick vid of my copperband. For the past 2 weeks or so, he's started eating from my fingers. He's got quite a strike for such a small fish with a long beak. He goes for gusto with every nip, and often outchases the bigger pieces of food from the tangs!

What are you feeding your CB Bro ?

I want to see a video of you "whispering your Gyspy goodnight song"

Good Luck with the wedding, the best advice I can give you is don't sweat the small stuff, if anything does not go right (wrong color flowers, someone is late), just realize it is about the both of you and not "all the stuff". Have one best bud ready to do any and everything you ask of him to help the both of you or any of your relatives without question. Remember to don't drink too much, keep hydrated, and eat, most people forget one of the above and it can ruin the whole night, or they don't remember it!

I love the way the CB eats from your hand, very cool.

..... It only happens once..

lol..thought this was a funny line considering the statistics..

But in all seriousness, good luck and congrats!!! Don't get too busy, tired and liquored up and forget to close the deal later on..

The next day, she'll say, "I don't want this tank anymore." because she can..haha

You do have a prenup that states you are able to upgrade to a larger tank ......right? At least get a video where she says a larger tank is ok. :happy: :cool:

What are you feeding your CB Bro ?

LRS Feeding Frenzy Foods. I got it from ERC and my fish are going crazy for it. It also is very "clean" even when you soak it.

I want to see a video of you "whispering your Gyspy goodnight song"

Good Luck with the wedding, the best advice I can give you is don't sweat the small stuff, if anything does not go right (wrong color flowers, someone is late), just realize it is about the both of you and not "all the stuff". Have one best bud ready to do any and everything you ask of him to help the both of you or any of your relatives without question. Remember to don't drink too much, keep hydrated, and eat, most people forget one of the above and it can ruin the whole night, or they don't remember it!

I love the way the CB eats from your hand, very cool.

Haha, that will by my next YouTube video.

Wedding will be a breeze, but that's all great advice, I really appreciate it!

I wish i took the video earlier. He munched on it for a solid 3 minutes or so before I decided to whip out the camera. Sorry for the VVS, but I was one handed and trying to quickly film! He's got quite a strike for such a small little fish, he shakes my fingers with each jab with the beak.

lol..thought this was a funny line considering the statistics..

But in all seriousness, good luck and congrats!!! Don't get too busy, tired and liquored up and forget to close the deal later on..

The next day, she'll say, "I don't want this tank anymore." because she can..haha

Haaaa. Her family loves it, and she secretly does as well! Plus everybody loves it when I sing my Gypsy Goodnight Song.

You do have a prenup that states you are able to upgrade to a larger tank ......right? At least get a video where she says a larger tank is ok. :happy: :cool:

Good thinking! There's that $20 membership paying for itself again!

love the video and tank is looking great. Congratulations Isaac!

Congratulations Isaac!

Thanks! Don't forget the cracklings'!

love the video and tank is looking great. Congratulations Isaac!

Thanks Dip! Really excited to see your big tank get started up!

Soooo

Was building my t5 setup tonight (wicked, right?) while wife and In laws played wedding planning.

post-2633508-140245266899_thumb.jpg

And I hear "isaac, ISAAC!" Accompanied by water overflowing...

I sprinted into the living room, slid under the couch, and yanked the whole apex out. Find a nem in my overflow on the 20 gallon, pushed the gutter guard all the way I to the drain, and clogged it.

Only lost about half a gallon... SO lucky someone was home.

Haha can't believe you get to work on the tank. Wifey is very understanding!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a lucky draw!

man those pics are making me want to get my tank in order (started last night a little)....looking good my friend

i love CBB...they have soo much personality

Clam looks fantastic as well

Soooo

Was building my t5 setup tonight (wicked, right?) while wife and In laws played wedding planning.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402452666.622731.jpg

And I hear "isaac, ISAAC!" Accompanied by water overflowing...

I sprinted into the living room, slid under the couch, and yanked the whole apex out. Find a nem in my overflow on the 20 gallon, pushed the gutter guard all the way I to the drain, and clogged it.

Only lost about half a gallon... SO lucky someone was home.

Man, those darn Nems. are out to get us this week!!! At least your is still around :sad:

Glad to hear it was only a half a gal. Time to reinforce the gutter guard.

Tank looks awesome Isaac!!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting those t5s in there, it's going to be awesome!

man those pics are making me want to get my tank in order (started last night a little)....looking good my friend

i love CBB...they have soo much personality

Clam looks fantastic as well

Thanks! I will have to put mine on the back burner again, I'm missing a clip for the t5 off the reflector. After the wedding. The copperband is a good, I rest easy knowing he's such a greedy guts!

Man, those darn Nems. are out to get us this week!!! At least your is still around :sad:

Glad to hear it was only a half a gal. Time to reinforce the gutter guard.

I was just mentioning you as I pulled mine out of the drain. Must be a full moon or something!

Wow, what a ride! I've got a little bit of time this evening, as the wife and in-laws went up to NY, so finally get to catch a bit of a breather. Back at work, and had great weather, overall a smashing success. WHAT A GREAT CLUB! I had PM's and well wishes from so many of you, making sure everything was going OK, and checking in. I am truly thrilled to be a part of this amazing community!

Things were a whirlwind, and it honestly was not relaxing at all. We've elected for Fiji for the honeymoon, but not until the winter, work is keeping us both tied. In the heat of things I was able to snap a few photos, but I'm sure there will be more along the way later:

This was taken on the iPhone5, not bad!

IMG_1718_zpsbf540195.jpg

Setting up the backyard:

IMG_1730_zpsf03bd1f5.jpg

and a picture right after the ceremony on the way to do some wedding shots with the bridal party. My only regret is not unbuttoning my jacket.

isaac_andrea_miles_zps90e19dcd.jpg

Anyways, enough about the boring stuff! I had a night that I was able to setup my T5's on the edge of my hood. After wiring and getting everything just right, clearing up underneath my stand, doing bare minimal cable management (underneath my stand is a freaking nightmare! this is what happens when you just add most of your gear as you go along) it looks fantastic!

IMG_1766_zps8e85826d.jpg

IMG_1767_zps110c8500.jpg

IMG_1768_zps87d57c50.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsd92e2636.jpg

The bulbs that I chose to go with are the ATI CoralPlus 5'. It is not at all overpowering like I expected to be! It most definitely confirms my belief that T5/LED is the BEST combo on the market by far. My only regret is that I did not plan for adding 4 bulbs vs the 2. I am positive that this change will bring about amazing growth, and it adds the crisp look that I was looking for to the tank.

Before:

DSC_0032_zps7922aa3c.jpg

After:

DSC_0031_zps2508963d.jpg

I know it seems really subtle with the pictures, but I assure you, in person the change is night and day! For those of you interested, stop on by, and I will show you what a difference it really does make!

It also makes it considerably easier to snap pictures. These are all done with the radions at about 90% and the coral plus bulbs both on.

as always, untouched:

DSC_0031_zps2508963d.jpg

DSC_0041_zps98066feb.jpg

DSC_0040_zpscfb87132.jpg

DSC_0039_zps1a046f65.jpg

DSC_0038_zps4ad76a9c.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsac30bf52.jpg

DSC_0035_zpse24a542c.jpg

DSC_0034_zpsf20446dd.jpg

DSC_0033_zps647e3a2f.jpg

I've had a fairly big red cyano outbreak again since I've been "ignoring" the tank. I did a 10 gallon water change, just to vac out the stuff that was growing on the zoas, and impeding growth... or at least looked like it was. I've been cleaning the glass every 3 days or so, and it's nearly covered in algae by the time I do. There are always copious amounts of snail eggs from all different types littered across the glass. I can only hope they are laying just as quick and as much on the back glass!

It was a month ago today that I OD'd the tank on Calcium. Today it is back at 470 from the 500+ it was a month ago (my kit only goes to 500.) My alk has made a weird switch from 128 on 6/02/14 to 153 today. I have not added any calcium since the accident, and I have just been dosing 1mm of alk every hour on the hour for exactly a month. I will continue to test my alk over the next couple of days, and if I see it rising, I will start to add the calcium back online, but I'm definitely seeing rapid (and I mean RAPID) growth with the montis.)

I swung by Kallor's place, he lives right around the corner from me, and picked up his open brain. I'm working on saving it, but it was really really really far gone, and I hope that it comes back. I was able to feed it some pellets last night, so we will see if it will get through.

Thanks for checking it out again!

Congrats on the wedding sir!

Lighting looks awesome!  Definitely has me even more interested in a similar setup. Will have to stop by one night for sure! 

Congrats on the wedding sir!

Lighting looks awesome!  Definitely has me even more interested in a similar setup. Will have to stop by one night for sure! 

Congratulations! Everyone (tank included) looks great!

Thanks, Gents.

It's pretty sweet stuff happening on this side of the world!

Congrats!!! Tank looks great by the way. You don't keep the radions at 90% right. I turned mine down to 60% and still see some bleaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk