Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

TONS of good luck headed your way - that's kind of crazy!

I know, right?! All I can do is just laugh and have a beer.

The first half of my year was just one great big charlie brown time as well....all you can do is keep moving forward through the struggle with your head up. I lost wallet in Bahamas in January just before my flight home... I feel your pain. It was an awful feeling...

Have apple care on the Mac book?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wish I had apple care still. This is my Macbook from college, it's going on 6+yrs. The only real shame here is I just got a new charger and battery for it. Charlie Brown is a good word for it. Like you said, and I mentioned above, nothing but a laugh and a beer!

Tank melt down is a right if passage BTW...lol like a bad hazing....congrats! You're truly a reefer now ;)

Well, if that's what it takes... haha.

I'm actually really lucky. I told my Fiance if it was the 57 I would have been out. Packed up and just waited till I could do a big tank. Could have always been worse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be moving by October,

So in September we should see your bigger tank build start right? ;)

Looking good man. My 100 looks like a barren desert compared to your setup. Awesome job!

So in September we should see your bigger tank build start right? ;)

Looking good man. My 100 looks like a barren desert compared to your setup. Awesome job!

My oh my, wouldn't that be nice! Not so soon, we actually renewed our lease after much though, the location is great, and it gives us another year to save.

You're 100 is no barren desert! You're letting the corals take the show, unlike me, who has just shoved them in, and been able to get a lot of already established large colonies! I've got a lot of stuff coming in at Frag Fest from vendors, other members, and I'm sure I'll pick up some more stuff once I see what everybody brings. I'm in the process of cleaning out some room for all these frags. Thanks!

Yeha', My ***. Trigger almost did that once, FlyingFish.lol Beautiful tank tho'

Thanks for the compliment on the tank... But what are you talking about flying fish?

You have inspired me ! Lol prepping now for later! I call them PodPots lol

Looks good, bro. I just took one out and rotated it last night, was teeming with em'. Not as much as my cheeto, but eh, you cant win them all.

Just wanted to get some pics in before FFE. I have a substantial amount coming in, from high end zoas and pallys, to awesome SPS frags from some of our reputable club members. I'm preparing to place the zoas on my zoa rock in the middle and the pointed rock (left of the birdsnest colony) and I want to put a few flat rocks down on the bottom right (where the elegnaces are) to put the SPS. I think the pull from the MP40 underneath will offer a nice heavy flow, and they will do very well there until I can organize how I want to place them in the tank.

DSC_0280_zpsaaa9ffa5.jpg

DSC_0285_zpsc40ee787.jpg

DSC_0284_zps70eb9a99.jpg

I sold the Aussie on the right, and kept the one of the left. I figured I liked the pattern in the smaller one better, and it would grow with me. Sometimes small is better.

DSC_0291_zps019d397d.jpg

Top down of my clam, gives a whole different color:

DSC_0297_zps89612579.jpg

DSC_0295_zps65c95f94.jpg

Thought this was a cool shot, just wish the LED reflection wasn't in there.

DSC_0298_zpsd85f3b9f.jpg

What Light are you using???

It2080 with a standard layout.

Lookin good!

I don't know if your going to have any room after FFE? Lol you may need a bigger tank? ......

You have NO idea. I'm sick (like Jenn.) Maybe sicker. I've considered many times a bigger tank. I'll just be ready when the time comes to have a bigger tank moderately filled up :)

Your tank looks great man! I love all of it.. The rbtas are sweet too.

Thanks! The RBTA's have been a party favorite. I'm down to four, was at 7! I also have that rock nem as well, which is really starting to open up and enjoy itself a bit more than before.

Sorry for the above post being separate, but didn't want to type out on my phone.

So I have been wanting a hippo tang for a long time. And yeah yeah, I know they get huge. Like way to big for my tank. So before the tang police wail in here.

AND just as I typed that, got a new reply, and leave it to Jenn!

So I reached out to several of our club vendors and said "Hey, what is the smallest Hippo Tang you can find me?" Scott (Incredible Corals) was super helpful and questioned all his vendors. The answer was 3/4 of an inch all around. We talked about how long it would take it to get to be too big for my tank, and I talked about my concern of my already present orange spot tang (Rehomed.) So here it is... the most adorable smallest Hippo Tang I've ever seen in my life. It is the smallest fish in my tank (smaller than my smallest blue chromis.)

Ok, now all you haters can open up the Player Haters Ball.

Oh, and by the time that itty bitty thing gets to a size that I need a bigger tank, I'll either rehome or have upgraded. HUZZAH!

I will agree that the tiny hippo might be one of the most adorable fish I have ever seen. (Second only to the baby tusks)

And you will have plenty of time before he outgrows your tank.

Scott you are getting yourself quite a rep with these fish ain't ya?

Isaac these fish grow pretty darn fast...and they need swimming room which your tank under best circumstances is too small but you self admittedly say its completely packed with more on the way this weekend.. we all want stuff that we can't have ....myself included and I have a 180 and still can't have the stuff I want if I'm being responsible, which I am...

OK, off tang police podium......

Oh, and by the time that itty bitty thing gets to a size that I need a bigger tank, I'll either rehome or have upgraded. HUZZAH!

you just resigned your lease remember? Lol

Oh boy..Jenn's at it... :tongue:

Last time I saw Isaac, I said, "Don't buy fish with the thought of a future upgrade because you never know what could happen like loss of job, not a new place big enough, etc"....But with that said, he's a big boy and I trust he knows how to make it right if the future doesn't pan out exactly the way he envisioned it....Plus..we can also blame everyone else that gave him this advice! lol.

Still think that baby is adorable! I want one too. jk.

you just resigned your lease remember? Lol

That doesn't mean there's not another wall to put a tank on, if I had my way we wouldn't have a couch :)

If this fish grows faster than I can accommodate, then it will see another home. It is as simple as that. I did my research, asked my questions, and ultimately have made the decision. And I knew I was making the decision to deal with the tang police before I even stepped into the ring :rolleyes:

Nice, I have had thoughts myself of getting a baby hippo. But will probably settle on a yellow tang.

What is the time estimate for it to outgrow your 57?