How many of you have tanks at work?

SunWyrm

^agree!! I've heard stories of this mythical work tank of Doug's... but this is the first I've seen of it!

dont think i want one at work. maybe if i work at a hospital, school or day care and could say it will benefit the patients/students. i would feel guilty working on a tank when im suppose to be working.

Doug, I'm worried about your fish. Do they always lie around on the bottom like that? When did you last feed? The fact that I can't see the water in there leads me to believe that the clarity is due to severe underfeeding. The sea turtle is also on its back, never a good sign...

8 gallon SW and a 5 gallon FW, they tolerate it...barely

I just set one up over the weekend. I didn't ask if it was OK, so we'll see if someone says something. I've never spent so much time explaining Pulsing Xenia.

IQbfHHp.jpg

Edited by JeremyS

I think the real secret is to keep it small and to ask for forgiveness, not permission :ph34r:

^^ LOL.

No tank here. Our building lease won't allow it.

Tom, sometimes all it takes is a determined will and a big pocket to fix that LOL. I have a client I am working with now on a tank build for his new office. Originally, the landlord turned down the tank...for fear of catastrophic failure and the impending losses to lower floors. However, my client being an attorney, stated he wanted to cooperate, but there were no forbidding terms in the lease so they therefore should work with him to give him what he wants cause he going to do it one way or the other. Long story short...the tank must have a "retaining liner" in the stand for that "worst case scenario" and he must carry a 10 Million Dollar Insurance Policy. No, I didn't mess up on the Zero's there. So you see...all it takes is determination and a big wallet. Need a legal referral to go after your landlord too? LOL

As for me:

No tank at the day job, COO disapproved stating they are worried about "Liability" of my "loss" in the event of a building fire or catastrophy. HOGWASH!!

Several tanks at the shop/retail store of course ;).

Tom, sometimes all it takes is a determined will and a big pocket to fix that LOL. I have a client I am working with now on a tank build for his new office. Originally, the landlord turned down the tank...for fear of catastrophic failure and the impending losses to lower floors. However, my client being an attorney, stated he wanted to cooperate, but there were no forbidding terms in the lease so they therefore should work with him to give him what he wants cause he going to do it one way or the other. Long story short...the tank must have a "retaining liner" in the stand for that "worst case scenario" and he must carry a 10 Million Dollar Insurance Policy. No, I didn't mess up on the Zero's there. So you see...all it takes is determination and a big wallet. Need a legal referral to go after your landlord too? LOL

As for me:

No tank at the day job, COO disapproved stating they are worried about "Liability" of my "loss" in the event of a building fire or catastrophy. HOGWASH!!

Several tanks at the shop/retail store of course ;).

Ha. I neither negotiate, approve, sign the lease, nor enforce it's terms. I even had a space heater (oil-filled radiator type) confiscated one day a few years ago because I had it tucked under my desk to keep my feet warm. You think the tang police are bad....

Ha. I neither negotiate, approve, sign the lease, nor enforce it's terms. I even had a space heater (oil-filled radiator type) confiscated one day a few years ago because I had it tucked under my desk to keep my feet warm. You think the tang police are bad....

Our building is one of those fancy certified green LEED buildings. They don't let you have space heaters here either...

Our building is one of those fancy certified green LEED buildings. They don't let you have space heaters here either...

That may be it. We have lights that go out in your office if you don't move enough. Same with the hallways. Someday I'll be found frozen in the dark in my chair....