Looking for Pump delay timer

overklok

I want to be able to shut off my main pump for 15 minutes and then have it start up without input. Is there a device out there that will allow me to push a button, have the pump shutoff for a certain amount of time and then automatically start up? I can't find this item anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks

At Home dept/Lowes they sell timers that fit in a single gang box that do that. Just make sure you get the normally on ones, that cut out for the timer.

cc7bc4b5-f431-4b3a-8ff7-bd6e741c9161_300.jpg

(edited)

David, not quite like that. I need a unit that will allow me to push a button that will shutoff the pump and then restart it automatically after a set time. I remember your delay setup, it was hooked up to a skimmer, if I recall correctly.

Edited by overklok

(edited)

I want to be able to plug my reeflo pump into the timer. In order to use the timer pictured above, I would have to wire an outlet to the timer. Is there a unit manufactured that I will not have to wire?

Edited by overklok

does the ACIII have a feed option? If so, you can configure it just like you would an Apex and hit the feed button and configure it to go off, then on after so many minutes.

The acIII does have a push button feed option. Just push the down arrow from the main screen. You could setup a new feed cycle, say "Feed B" which would power off just the reeflo.

If you wanted a seperate switch mine would work but you will need to simply wire a cord on it up to a normally closed push button switch. When you push the switch and let go it opens the circuit momentarily and then starts the timer. I'll keep searching for an all in one since you don't want to DIY it.

The acIII does have a push button feed option. Just push the down arrow from the main screen. You could setup a new feed cycle, say "Feed B" which would power off just the reeflo.

If you wanted a seperate switch mine would work but you will need to simply wire a cord on it up to a normally closed push button switch. When you push the switch and let go it opens the circuit momentarily and then starts the timer. I'll keep searching for an all in one since you don't want to DIY it.

+1 on the ease of using the AC-III feed option.

I am trying to make this as simple as possible, so when I go on vacation, the person who feeds my fish has a fool proof simple method to shutoff the main pump.

I am trying to make this as simple as possible, so when I go on vacation, the person who feeds my fish has a fool proof simple method to shutoff the main pump.

Gotcha. How about just labeling the AC-III down-button with "Press once to feed?" If that won't work, hopefully Coral Hind will find an ready-made solution for you. I looked, but didn't turn up anything.

How do you setup the feed option on the AC3?

From page 28 of the manual (I had to look it up since I no longer have an AC3 at home):

• Go to the Setup / Timer Setup: Feed Interval Menu
  • Use the Up/Down buttons to enter the desired feed interval (minutes). When finished, push the Select button.

Programming is described on pages 35 and 36 of the manual. It shows a good example there and also details how to trigger the feed cycle by pressing the down button (once) while in the Run display (the normal display).

In a nutshell, say PM1% is your return pump and PM2% is an pulsating powerhead (wavemaker). The following code works to shut down those two pumps during the feed interval:

If Time > 00:00 Then PM1% ON <<== This line turns the return pump on all of the time by default.

OSC 20/10 ON/OFF Then PM2% ON <<== This line sets up the wavemaker behavior for this pump

If FeedA 000 Then PM1% OFF <<== This line turns the return pump off during FeedA cycle

If FeedA 005 Then PM2% OFF <<== This line turns the wavemaker pump off during FeedA cycle

You will set up the length in seconds and not minutes for the feed cycle in the setup screen. Tom's example line "feed A 005" means once the feed cycle is over there will be a delay of 5 minutes before it turns on. If you want the pump to come on exactly when the feed cycle you set ends you will want "feed A 000" like what he has for pump one. I just wanted to explain why the two were different and that when setting up the interval in setup screen it is in seconds but in the program screen the after cycle delay is in minutes.

You will set up the length in seconds and not minutes for the feed cycle in the setup screen. Tom's example line "feed A 005" means once the feed cycle is over there will be a delay of 5 minutes before it turns on. If you want the pump to come on exactly when the feed cycle you set ends you will want "feed A 000" like what he has for pump one. I just wanted to explain why the two were different and that when setting up the interval in setup screen it is in seconds but in the program screen the after cycle delay is in minutes.

This, by the way, is handy to keep a skimmer pump off while levels in a sump are re-established so skimmer's don't overflow.