The Looking Glass

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, as always.

(Looking great! I just had to add the same as the previous two posts lol - can't wait to see all the new additions too!)

Question............................do you run supplemental lighting with your radiums and if so, what type?

No supplemental lighting when running 6500k, 10k or 20k.

What is the RM Wolverine? 

Rocky Mountain Wolverine.

Hmmmmm 300DD !!!! All grown under (9) AI So;s Blues + (4) 39" ATI t-5s

20130126-N98A2875_zps4d12dee7.jpg

20130126-N98A2876_zpsa5a1b7ad.jpg

20130126-N98A2877_zps6f8d1222.jpg

Edited by DCReefer1964

Nice Tony!!

Rocky Mountain Wolverine:

That thing looks like is is going to be yellow, couldn't find a good picture.

Rocky Mountain Wolverine:

That thing looks like is is going to be yellow, couldn't find a good picture.

Yeah the frag on the web site didn't look the greatest. 

If you are familiar with RR Wolverine, it looks identical.

Tony, is the 6500 MH your secret grow sauce?  You grow large colonies from small ones faster than anyone.

Also, how do you have such good polyp extension on your stuff with those angels in your tank?  I have one little flame angel and I never see a millepora polyp stick it's head out.

• 2 weeks later...

Corals and fish are growing.  I probably will place my second CaRx chamber online to scrub the excess CO2.  Reactor pH is running at 6.45.  System runs at pH 7.8 - 8.1.

Also, plan to get a few RR frags after the holidays. Need to find a creative way of hiding the expense. :sad:

Corals and fish are growing.  I probably will place my second CaRx chamber online to scrub the excess CO2.  Reactor pH is running at 6.45.  System runs at pH 7.8 - 8.1.

Also, plan to get a few RR frags after the holidays. Need to find a creative way of hiding the expense. :sad:

Sell a few frags and buy a few frags?

Cash is King!

Beginning to plan for remodel of right side of reef.  

Mission Statement:  Remove all unwanted encrusting corals, and introduce Goldflake and Regal.

The remodel will require removal of approximately 40 lbs of live rock and reconstruction with new rock.  Before I start that phase, the Emperor and Blueface will be moved to holding tanks.  Moving the Angels will allow me to introduce the new Angels to the main display at the same time.  While I am at it, I may do the same with the wrasse.

To do list

• Purchase Goldflake and Regal as they will need to go through QT for 8-10 weeks.
  • Purchase 40-50 lbs of rock
  • Find home for encrusting corals
  • Get my head right

I thought you had a Regal already? Sounds like a big deal, I like a goldflakes, I should put one on my list.