Aquarium One?

NYfan78

Hey everyone, I live in Mt Airy, Md so I am far away from all the great stores everyone talks about in NoVa. I currently use House of Tropicals. Has anyone know or had any experience with Aquarium One in Rockville, Md? They are the next closet one to me. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks at the meeting!

Scott

Aquarium One is a very nice store, lots of drygoods, fish and corals. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Germantown. Paul, the manager, is great to work with if you want something special.

I like Aquarium One. I live within jogging distance of it so I go there frequently. The guys that work there have always been real helpful and never pushy. I bought my tank from them and some tank equipment. They can order things for you that come quickly. They don't cram a lot of fish in the tanks. Usually only 3 or so fish in one tank. I can get things online for cheaper but if it isn't a huge difference I will go ahead and buy it there to support a small local business.

I am the same. I buy all my last minute stuff there, any fish I buy, etc. Make sure to get on their email list so you see the specials.

I go there all the time.

I shop at Aquarium one and have been very happy. Everyone who works there is also very nice. Ricks fish store is in Frederick.

One of the nicest LFS in MD I've been to. There is another LFS thats less than 5 min away but their prices are higher, and the staff far less friendly/helpful.

I tried rick's pets inFrederick and they are super expensive and the quality of fish are ehhh. The owner is kind of an a$$.

They don't QT their fish but they do take very good care of them. One of the guys who works there named Phil was the "fish guy" at the Rainforest Cafe around here and knows enough about fish to fill many books. Also they usually order from Quality Marine or Seagrest Farms which are two very responsible reputable wholesalers. The drygoods are obviously more expensive than online, but you don't pay for shipping and they are there waiting for you to buy them whenever your return pump craps out or you drop your skimmer on the floor and it turns to shrapnel.

Also they have one of the best selection of coral on the maryland side of the DC metro IMO, especially nice LPS colonies.

Disclaimer: I worked at A1 for a little over a year last year for a HS job. I shopped there before I started working there and still continue to shop there. My working there doesn't influence my thoughts on the store.

Well i went to my normal place House of Tropicals and got a small Kole Tang. Both places are about 45 minutes from me. I'll def check out aquarium one soon here!

They don't qt fish, but I have bought plenty of fish from there and had no issues. I think a long time ago (years) someone there said they once in while used copper, but that was so long ago that practices might have changed.