Which Petco in VA?

moga

For the most part, Petco doesn't have a good selection. However, there are a few stores that have upgraded saltwater facilities. The one in Woodbridge at Cheshire Station is one. You can find LPS and a stony coral every now and again.

Their selection online is pretty good. Ordered a pbt from them and was very happy with it, price, size, and overall health. Coral selection is standard and overpriced. Shipping costs are on par with other etailers. But the shipping method was a little hinky. Sent me a UPS tracking number but arrived at Fedex location?! How does that happen?

(edited)

I have never ordered from them online, but if I had a $100 gift card, I'd probably give it a shot. You need to hit $175 for free shipping.

Here are their current online fish specials.

Here is the rest of their fish and coral.

I would definitely QT the heck out of any livestock though.

Edited by Ryan S

thanks guys..

i put a trade thread and looking at Petco site.. now maybe some snails (many snails?)...thanks.~

I would use the gift card to buy frozen food, additives, or medications.

And salt. You can always use salt.

(edited)

We're down in Fredericksburg. The Petco off I-95 at exit 143 has no salt water fish tanks set up right now.

The Petco off I-95 exit 130 had multiple tanks, I bought a small yellow tang from them. They fed the tank so I could see that it was eating. The clerk also said you can put in orders and pick up at the store. Orders should be placed Thursday evenings. If you don't like it when it comes in you don't have to take it.

I saw an abundance of ORA clown fish, some coral beauties, and some others I can't remember. The tech has his own salt water set up at home and seem knowledgeable.

We were there for the $1 tank sale, not for fish to be honest.

Maureen

Edited by MLazar

We're down in Fredericksburg. The Petco off I-95 at exit 143 has no salt water fish tanks set up right now.

The Petco off I-95 exit 130 had multiple tanks, I bought a small yellow tang from them. They fed the tank so I could see that it was eating. The clerk also said you can put in orders and pick up at the store. Orders should be placed Thursday evenings. If you don't like it when it comes in you don't have to take it.

I saw an abundance of ORA clown fish, some coral beauties, and some others I can't remember. The tech has his own salt water set up at home and seem knowledgeable.

We were there for the $1 tank sale, not for fish to be honest.

Maureen

The Petco in Burke (Rolling Road) has a saltwater section that sometimes has decent buys on "basic" fish (damsels, blennies, clowns) and some inverts (snails, feather dusters, and such), although corals tend to be overpriced IMO. I have a pair of green chromis and an engineer goby in my main tank I got there, and they've done just fine (although I did start with three chromis). QT is always recommended, but that's not unique to Petco purchases. :bluefish:

Agree about QT.

Petco is never our first choice for livestock, we much prefer to shop BRK, Fins and Feathers, and Petland (which are closest to us - I'm sure there are others too). We used to love Sean's store Aquaco also. I wonder if we'll ever see him again? Good guy.