Vandals poison LFS coral tanks with copper

Ryan S

That is absolutely horrible.

I hope kharma repays the vandals with a heavy hand.

That is a terrible thing to do, probably a competitor. The $40k estimate seems really high.

If I was a store owner I would definately have cameras up. I heard of a former LFS around here that had two incidents of people placing stuff in their system. One was an ich covered fish found in the sump, a fish they never carried before. The other was chewing tobacco placed in their system.

And then there was the LFS in Toronto. Some guy walks in and dumps a pound of powdered bleach into the system and kills $10K of livestock. Somebody did the same in Montana.

This is horrible, what on earth would cause someone to do this to innocent fish....

^my only guesses are 1) eliminating competition and 2) patron with a grudge.

Neither of which are justifiable, it is just horrible.

I haven't heard of that happening around here, but I'm sure it has before. I know of cases where someone stole livestock from a local LFS. Pretty foul. That fool isn't allowed in a certain LFS anymore, but should be banned from all the LFS if you ask me.

Then there was Eric Borneman....

smile.gif

LOL. Low!

I haven't heard anything about him since the odd swimming pool incident and subsequent arrest last year.

I know of 2 incidents where people were stealing fish and corals from the LFS's that advertise here. I had also heard that one of the people who stole some things was a WAMAS member.

I know of 2 incidents where people were stealing fish and corals from the LFS's that advertise here. I had also heard that one of the people who stole some things was a WAMAS member.

Well I can think of at least one well documented thief who lurks on these boards...but that is somewhat OT...

There is also the possibility of an insurance scam which may explain the $40k estimate.

IT'S A BIG CONSPIRACY, I SAY!!!! The big guys are muscling in on the little guys to put them out of business. I'm kidding :tongue: . Some sickos who get theiir jollies off on killing and destroying defensless creatures. Same mentality as the ones who beat up and burn homless people. Cruel sociopath!!!

When I worked at Petco there was a vengeful ex-employee who came in a few times and poisoned some of the tanks.

It's very easy to poison tanks and steal things from some of the big box stores, because they are too cheap to pay enough people so that there is always at least one to keep an eye on the door. One day I came to work to see a guy around the corner trying to sell a bunch of brand new tanks... he managed to get in and out of the store several times with tanks in his hands going out the door! No one even noticed it until I saw him out there. I tend to think he stole them just to see if the store was so lame that he could do it, because tanks aren't exactly a hot street sales item and if he really wanted them he'd have put them in a truck and driven away instead of walking to another part of the shopping center.