Rick and Marina's 225G SPS tank

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOTM is running again...

To me the amazing part is the super wow factor when you see it in person, then start really seeing the color, variety and clarity of the tank. I hope you put a chair in there, Marina, since there wasn't one before! But then no one would leave...

Oh wow, I'm so jealous! Do they normally school with each other in the tank? Do you have an updated full tank shot for us?

They hang out together, but I would not say they are together all the time. I will get FTS one of these days :)

(edited)

did you go back to the MH after LEDs?\

Lighting is the same, mixture of MH and LEDs. We did add another multicolor+UV LED strip in the back (Steve's LED, they seem nicer that Rapid). I really cannot say that MHs work better than LEDs for me. My frag tank has been under LEDs for over a year, and colors are good, not different from mother colonies under MH in the main tank.

Edited by marinap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As we completely re-aquascaped the tank in the past month and a half, I thought it was the right time to add this little guy :)

DSC_0009_zps6aca199e.jpg

He came out of QT 2 weeks ago and doing quite well.

The tank is still re-cycling with the new rock, but we did not sustain any coral losses. All should be back to normal in a month or so.

Thank you.

I just looked at my pics on ipad and colors must be totally messed up on my computer monitor where i upload pics from the camera to.. Everything is off. Oh boy :(

Wow. That is an amazing fish. Exactly what is it?

And I can't believe you gave us this peek without showing a FTS of the new aquascape!