Smallreef's 50g build thread!

Ohh I think I got it down now...I could do a class,lol it is kinda hard the first time figuring out how much length the bend takes and to turn it backwards and opposite (kinda like crown moulding!,lol)

Can I join that class too? :cool: I'm thinking of using the same stuff or similar for my Evergrow light as well. What kind of piping is it? Is it electrical conduit? Instead of bending, I'm think of just using fittings to connect the horizontal w/ the verticals and attach to the stand at the sides rather than the back (can't access the back, that's why), maybe not as elegant as yours though....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh I think I got it down now...I could do a class,lol it is kinda hard the first time figuring out how much length the bend takes and to turn it backwards and opposite (kinda like crown moulding!,lol)

It look like them type of thing that if someone tells you the little tricks up front, it will save a lot of time wasted by trial and error. A class would be cool!

Just got my clam from Dr. Mac...OMG it's crazy big...

Yeeeep! Pics?!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Looking awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a few things from Incredible Corals last night....

Got an awesome elegance, a frag of grape frogspawn, a gorgonian frag and a cabbage leather frag (kinda hidden). Plus a current FTS until a few new things get here from ERC on Tuesday,lol

post-2633031-0-03497900-1368330352_thumb.jpg

post-2633031-0-67890900-1368330366_thumb.jpg

post-2633031-0-62925400-1368330374_thumb.jpg

post-2633031-0-23147100-1368330383_thumb.jpg

Looking nice!

New FTS with new corals...I'm running out of space!!!

Except Jakes gonna pick up his RBTA next week and then I have to get Scott's to him....yippee! More room automatically after!

post-2633031-0-05406500-1368658297_thumb.jpg

Looking nice! That's a great shot of your tank, really shows the depth and the scope of everything! I like it! I like it a lot!

very very nice!!!

I vote that from now on all pictures from your tank have to be shot by hubby with "the nice camera" ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

It is conduit...and very easily bent...

Are you using 1/2" conduit or 3/4"? There is 1" but it doesn't look like it's that thick. Thanks!

3/4 was the biggest would fit in my pipe bender....

Ok. Thank you! I'll go w/ 3/4" myself since it looks super solid w/ 2 lights on your setup. I appreciate your response.

• 1 month later...

Updated FTS...7/11/13

This is after I've taken 3 rbta's out of the tank....there's still 2 and the big momma ones gonna split again! Ugh....

image-5.jpg

And a few smaller up close pics....kinda hard with my phone...but much better than my iPad pics....

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-6.jpg

This is my jawfish and shrimpgobys burrow...they share it...I think they may be in love?

image-7.jpg