Smallreef's 50g build thread!

Picked up a small rock covered with GSP this morning from another member... and here are todays pics of the maxi minis and such in the tank....

purplemaxi-mini2.jpgorangemaxi-mini.jpg

GSP.jpg

anemone1.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

My new Lyretails :) I was very scared as my husband had to acclimate them and he has NEVER done anything for the fish or tank before....

and here they are!!! (I did not have him put them in QT as they need so much swimming room)

anthias2.jpg

anthias1.jpg

Edited by smallreef

yeah the male is about 2.5 inches long and one of the females is about 2 and the other is about 1.5.... so im hoping within the next 2 years they dont grow a whole heck of a lot...

Well I just won a Gift Card from one of the online forums I have visited forever and used to do alot of ordering from Saltwaterfish.com

so I got a few goodies and cant wait until Fragfest here!!!

So tuesday my 2 peppermint shrimp, wathcman goby and pearly jawfish will be here clap.gif

LOL yeah I moved the feather caulerpa to the back of the tank and its doing well! I have some chaeto in the sump and have a lamp that comes on when I turn my overhead lights off to keep my PH the same... its doing farily well too...

SO my fish got her this morning... and its been a few hours of acclimation and they are FINALLY in the tank....here's a preview of everything Excluding the jawfish who once in the tank is chose a spot in the rock underneath.....

lamarcksangel.jpg

The Lamarcks.... he's very small, thank goodness and is already picking at the rocks!

newgoby.jpg

The new goby.....

newshrimps.jpg

new shrimps... I also found my other Peppermint that I thought was dead and gone... but is just HUGE and hides all day...these are TINY...

shrimp goby died.. he was fairly thin and small and I was worried when I didnt see him yesterday morning... found him this morning :(

with that said...I wont be getting a second one incase it was aggression from the jawfish... and I'm thinking about 1 more fish but not sure what I want so Ill just have to get corals for now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after all the fun at Frag Fest.. thought Id let all the new corals get acclimated and chill in their new place before pics... its been a week so here are some new picks.. I didnt get any of the SPS frags other than the Cytostrea (sp?) and monti...as I know I am not ready for those ye but here is a new FTS and some close ups of what I did get

and thanks for everyone who volunteered and donated! It is VERY much appreciated biggrin.gif

FTS08-21-12.jpg

montiporacytostrea090112.jpg

corals090112.jpg

toadstool090112.jpg

maxiric090112.jpg

and my Ricordia garden :)

ricordiagarden090112.jpg

So I came home today and put the new monti frag in the tank and noticed something fun...my RBTA has split along with my purple maxi-mini looks like it is still splitting... im getting super excited...everyhting is looking pretty good...need to do a water change tomorrow but other than that everything is happy!

Well... the RBTA that split isnt lookin so good... gonna have to wait that one out.. also moved the trumpet frag.. looks like it didnt like being so high up near the light as its green is receding a bit... other than that, these are just a few updated shots before my NEW frags come in tomorrow!!!

rightside091012.jpg

ricordiagarden091012.jpg

FTS091012.jpg

coralsnems091012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to pick up the midas and firefish from Andy tonight... those will be my last fish additions!! (and the 2 fish my husband REALLY wanted in my tank so he's okay with me getting them, lol)

And then I cant wait until the new GB for Rics again!! Wahoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

SOOO... my male anthias is picking on my new midas blenny... I wonder if he thinks the midas is one of his girls???

If he keeps it up he's gonna be gone.. he's the only large fish in the tank and I wonder if he's getting to big for his briches in there...