Who runs a Calcium reactor 24/7?

rocko918

I screwed up the settings on my reactor. now i am trying to get my alk up and ph stable. I have only run it while the lights were on. I am thinking i might change that based on the ph in the media. any thoughts?

what do you do?

I run mine 24/7 based on the ph in the reactor. Keeps allk stable. If I need to increase the alk. I lower the ph slightly. Hope that helps

I ran mine 24/7, but on a peristaltic pump that ran 23 minutes out of every hour (so it wasn't quite 24/7). I arrived at the 23 minutes by monitoring and stabilizing the alk in the tank (to balance consumption and supplementation). I flowed CO2 only when the pH in the reaction chamber was greater than some threshold to ensure that the effluent had the desired alk and calcium concentration.

I run it all the time, ph is set from 6.39 to 6.56 or something along thoes lines from what I remember. I use arm, the small stuff. My ph in the main tank now stays at 7.9 to 8.1 from night and day. Thats now that I put the reactor drip in the skimmer area.

When it was running I had mine using the larger chunks from Gen X. I am not very fond of this media, however, as I never really saw much happening with it even when I dropped my pH in the reactor down to close to 6. My CA, however, did stay fairly stable at a pretty high level (just over 400).