Why would this EVER be OK?

Chad

China is pretty good at coming up with new ways to abuse.

That is just terrible - and who would want a dead fish to carry around? They can't live more than a day or 2?

Nuts. That's all that I can say. Different culture, different sensitivities, different values. Imagine the stink that would be raised if these were to show up on our shores.

so im not goign to be able to sell the case i just ordered on here for a profit? i mean it has beta's, goldfish, up to 3 tangs per 1 inch globe, i event got a dolphin one for the front of the house that lights up along with music like christmas lights complete with arduino controller.

sorry couldnt resist

Wow orders are flowing in

I only have 6 Tang keychains left...again 3 tangs in a .0003gal container...and no tang police :clap: choices are (purple, black, Orange shoulder, and Sohal)

Ill put in the EXTA potent water so they should make it to the day after christmas as long as you stir the water every month...

I hear next year they are coming out with a Whale and Shark one....i cant wait.

this really is disgusting....i hope people cut open the key chain at some point before they die......

its interesting that people in China even have the money for this stuff?? there is such a disparity in incomes.. your either rich or poor.. so im guessing they are selling them outside of the schools because that is only one of the places they know kids that will have money...wait until these kids figure out their cute little pets have died.. dont know how well that one will go over after that month?

I agree it is disgusting. But the memory of a dead pet could have a long lasting impact on a child.

A personal example:

When I was about 12 and knocking around the creek, I found an alligator snapping turtle about 4" in diameter. Somehow I resolved to kill that turtle. I rationalized that it ate the same fish I fished for but really an insecure 12 year old kid just wanted to know if there was any power in killing something. I hit the turtle with a rock and got sick to my stomach when it started bleeding, then had to keep hitting it to kill it and put it out of it's misery. Perhaps for that reason I've gone the rest of my life avoiding anything that can be cruel to animals. Coincidence? Not in my case.

So I guess all I'm trying to say is that life is funny.

Edited by dave w

Ill put in the EXTA potent water so they should make it to the day after christmas as long as you stir the water every month...

I'd like mine shaken, not stirred. :laugh:

On a more serious note, this is no different from the "eco globes" that they sell where they put a few shrimp or small fish into a sealed up container and say that you do not need to feed or change the water ever, only difference is that they've begun using other fish instead of the little feeder guppies and ghost shrimp. I've even seen them with the frogs in them. I can't say that I agree with the idea of either one, especially with the turtles.

• 2 weeks later...

I sell Moose handbags to women. They each come with a live Moose along with a tree for it to eat. They are a little heavy though so it is only for stout women :unsure:

I have to admit I feel bad for flushing bristle worms...though they were all living things g there is a point where you need "population control". Taking the conversation a step further, no I would not flush a person!

I dont know if i could equate pets/animals to pests...

I still wouldnt like it if a roach was in it... I dont think anything should be subjected to this kind of slow death...