Reef stores in the Baltimore/Ellicot City Area

Swimboy123

Thanks everyone. Turns out Aquarium Center is now Aquarium Depot and is right down the road.

I like aquarium Center also, used to go there a lot...but haven't been there for a long time...not sure how things are there now.

By the way, what is SeaSave?

LINK

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

Guest thefishman65
Last time I was at aquarium depot it was a mess.

Sorry to hear that. Those are the folks that got me started, but I have not been there since they changed ownership (or was it just the name).

Sorry to hear that. Those are the folks that got me started, but I have not been there since they changed ownership (or was it just the name).

+1 back in the late 80's and 90's that place rocked.I would always go there after going skiing up north,but it a differant store now.:(

Aquarium Depot has gone down hill a LOT in the past couple of years. They are down sizing right now to move to a smaller space in the same shopping center. I hope that when they move they take the time to set it up nice. They are a tad high on some things though. And are junk for plants now

Exotic Aquatics is nice and has seen a bit of down sizing but is still looking good. They are missing a few items you'd figure they'd have (sponge filters for example), but have a decent equipment stock. Plenty of fish and a bit of plants in the back section of the store. Their customer service has come a long way in the past year as well

House of Tropicals has an old dirty feel to it, but a TON of equipment and fair amount of fish. As far as plants its hit or miss. Some weeks they have a lot, others very low stock. I've spent plenty of time and money here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+1 back in the late 80's and 90's that place rocked.I would always go there after going skiing up north,but it a differant store now.:(

I had the same experience...mid 90s for me and FW. Their FW stuff especially was awesome. They would have tanks full of african cichlids I couldn't find a single specimen of elsewhere.

House of tropicals is in glen burnie and is a good place for fish. Not the prettiest store, but as long as you know how to select health specimens you will be ok.

Exotic aquatics has nice fish and some nice corals ( good selection of ORA corals and LPS but they're pricey.

Today's Pet in Columbia is nice and clean. Healthy stock from Quality Marine but the saltwater section is small. Good if you're in the area but don't make a special trip.

Sea save is good for a few laughs.

I ended up going to House of Tropicals and I will definitely include this one in future travels. I saw a lot of livestock that made me seriously think about my livestock compatibility. I am a sucker for anthias and I was pleased to see 5-6 different species. I only walked out of there with a little purchase but I almost came home with a chevron tang, 4 tri-color anthias, and a pistol shrimp.

Coral selection was a bit light, but was priced moderately well. Thanks everyone for your input!!

I ended up going to House of Tropicals and I will definitely include this one in future travels. I saw a lot of livestock that made me seriously think about my livestock compatibility. I am a sucker for anthias and I was pleased to see 5-6 different species. I only walked out of there with a little purchase but I almost came home with a chevron tang, 4 tri-color anthias, and a pistol shrimp.

Coral selection was a bit light, but was priced moderately well. Thanks everyone for your input!!

OMG seasave...brutal...go in there and take a photo of the people and post them. $450 mistake i made in their store i'll NEVER make again. PLEASE for the love of god do not go into that store.

House of Tropicals is great; Sean and Mike are the most knowledgeable on saltwater from my experience and 6-8 trips there. good selection, but like Tink says, hit or miss. I'd call to see when they get their shipments in. Definitely not in the best plaza, very unassuming from the outside, but it definitely has a serious selection. The only downside for me being in Annapolis, is this is my only real option for a LFS.

Edited by Annap729