Braden's 275 gallon total system volume build

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the corals are in but I did have a few reservations on the lights. I decided to add a fourth SWC LED fixture to get rid of the shadows. The corals immediately took off and have been growing like crazy. One colony has grown about an inch and everything else is growing great!

picturedump7-28-11437.jpg

picturedump7-28-11447.jpg

picturedump7-28-11445.jpg

picturedump7-28-11470.jpg

picturedump7-28-11469.jpg

picturedump7-28-11463.jpg

Wow. It looks great! Love the lights.

Laura

I'm not one to give shameless corporate plugs, but I love these lights. Check out tbaquatics.com as I think they are running a sale right now.

@reefaholic Thanks! I appreciate your comments. If you ever want a tour just let me know when you are in woodbridge

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, well thought out. You have flow coming from a lot of angles. What type of clam is that? Good choice with the anthias.

That is a squamosa clam that i picked up about 5 months ago. It's a beast and it really just drains my system of calcium and and alk. As far as the anthias I have 8 lyretail females, 1 Maldivean Lyretail male, and 2 Ignitus Anthias.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. One question though, how does the backwards drywall look in person? Have you finished mudding and painting it? I'm guessing you did that so you could have the green board facing the moisture. Do you think a plastic vapor barrier behind the drywall would have been sufficient so that you could have it face forward and keep the tapered edge available for taping? Just curious because I've never thought about the impact of an in-wall tank being so close to drywall.

@piper27- The paint and trim are done as well as the carpet. I've been crazy busy lately and just trying to keep my head above water. I still have that media reactor for you. It's taken me so long to get it to you that we can just call everything even. I'll try to drop it off monday or tuesday.

@supernova26- Thanks for the compliment! The clowns are doing quite well and are rapidly becoming part of the reef. Keep me posted on the tri-color and let me know if you need some more frags. The next time that you are down in Woodbridge you definitely need to come by and take a look!

@shulzjp- Piper27 helped me with the drywall and I think it looks fairly good for two guys who don't drywall professionally. There are a few discrepancies but luckily for me, most of the attention goes to the display tank. You are correct with my placing of the green board facing the moisture. A vapor barrier could have possibly worked but it seems to work the way it is. There is water fairly close to the drywall and I take pains to make sure there isn't too much misting. Like I said, it seems to work but it has only been in place for a few months. Time will tell!

@everyone else- I have a ton of pics that I have not put up yet. Bear with me and I promise that they will be up soon!

Yea, they are Cree 3w. The fixture is made by SWC and I absolutely love them! I have recommended the fixture to a few other people and they have been happy as well.

• 3 weeks later...

As Der Abt mentioned, this thread is now again open. I really need to extend a heartfelt thanks to Der Abt, Rocko918, DaveS and more than a few others for helping me restock my acro selections. Everything is doing well and hopefully gearing up for a great grow-out. So thanks, and if anyone needs a favor, free labor, or a resting spot for trimmed frags I will always be happy to provide! biggrin.gif

Glad to hear things are coming along well.. It always makes me happy to see such an optimistic bounce back from a crash.. More people need to read those kind of stories to realize its not the end of the world, and in a club like this lots of people are there to help out.!! Next time im down your way im swinging by.!!

Glad to hear things are coming along well.. It always makes me happy to see such an optimistic bounce back from a crash.. More people need to read those kind of stories to realize its not the end of the world, and in a club like this lots of people are there to help out.!! Next time im down your way im swinging by.!!

I couldn't agree more. Stay in the hobby long enough and something will happen that will test your resolve. It sucks, but it makes me happy to see you work through it and recover. Good for you!

SOunds great, I'll never turn down a Newcastle and some fish tank time.!!

Chad I agree.. Ive been the victim of a nasty tank crash and had many nice Wamas folks help me out, and I always try to do the same. Its a give and get hobby/club.. Interestingly enough, 2 guys who helped me out after the tank crash have become 2 good friends of mine, funny how things work out sometimes.