• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got rid of 3/4 of the coral that was in there if not more. I have just my favorites in there. The multicolor eats acro skin or slime it seems and the Koran devours palys. Also I think I have been telling people the tank has been up for two years but I thinks it's been more like 1.5 years.

Ryan I will try and get a pic tomorrow. I switched to reeflux 12k bulbs and took the t5's off so we will see how the blue pic comes out...

Okay so I redid the rocks yesterday again and took some pictures this mourning. Seems impossible for me to get any good pictures with these new bulbs. Soooo blue... Figured the reeflux 12ks would be halfway to a 20k look but oh well. Some corals colors are coming out much better and once they all settle in thier new spots I think it will look fine. I took the t5's off because you couldn't even see ANY difference with them on. Still have some blue leds though. I tore down the external fuge and frag tank and went back to the external lifereef which I am happy with. I took the first two baffles out of the sump so the drains just dump right into the fuge so the cheato has more room to grow out. I have cut back on the gfo since I realized the battery in my checker was bad even though it was still "working". I think everything was looking bad because I was burning through GFO and changing it out when it never needed to be. And after all that I realized how much easier it is for me to take care of this tank when I focus on the basics.

The Koran ate a bunch of palys so I moved them out, the multicolor loves to taste acro skin but hasn't messed any up real bad yet. Although one looks rough, I can deal with it. Here is the fish list, I think I acounted for everyone...

4 - lyretail anthias two males (from different regions I think) and two females

4 - pajama cardinals

blue hippo tang

cheveron tang

dussumieri tang

2 nemos

melanurus wrasse

bluestreak cleaner wrasse

pyrimad butterflyfish

blue lined rabbitfish

bellus angelfish (female)

multicolor angelfish

african flameback angelfish

koran angelfish (juvi)

red scooter blenny

green mandarin

Sorry for the bad pics I am getting used to taking pictures in the blue light...

fts_zpsc3b2e029.jpg

ss_zps2fdc0819.jpg

sump_zps16d68df0.jpg

wholesetup_zps9e7fd445.jpg

Bad pic of my favorite coral, the base is neon green, pink polyps and the tips are baby blue and has a really cool growth pattern.

pinknblue_zps1241ff46.jpg

Thanks! I think the fish like the new aquascape better also.

I did say that we have an african flameback angel but its a carribean angel, I think it might be called a fireball or something. Also the picture of the dussumieri tang was actually a ringtail, and we have gotten rid of it and added dussumieri tang.

Also I am having trouble taking pictures with these reflux bulbs, everything looks purple to me! I am going to have to practice some...

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been working on the tank a lot. Moving stuff around, and I took one of the halides off. The humidity was TOO much, and so was the electric bill. Plus that oceanic center brace is a PAIN to clean, everything is off to the corners now... I also am only getting 24 hour paychecks for a few weeks because work is slow and I have to go to school. So I have been working on downsizing the amount of corals again... Hopefully its only a few weeks on small checks.

There are a list of them right now. I need to get a truck because mine broke. Gotta fix the house up and I can only do that if the tank is gone. And of course, I want a bigger better tank (that I can start the right way).

I am going to try and cut everything I am keeping down to a small size and sell a few pieces I can't keep. I have the large frag rack made up, and plugs ready to go... My plan is to house the corals under one light in my tank. Then when the time comes I can just move everything into my small tank to hold until I fix the house or get a new one. So I guess I am going to the meet after all.