Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Vlamingi up close and the pics don't do it justice.......that thing is HUGE!

He is a big fatty that rules the tank.

Looks even better in person!

Thanks!

Steve, your tank is beautiful! I want to come over and see it in person please!

Sure no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Harlequin Tusk and Mystery Wrasse! 10 minutes after being in the display the Tusk started to chow down on some mysis. Also went to the store and bought him a clam and is tearing the flesh off it. Very happy to see him pigging out so soon. :) Mystery Wrasse is hiding somewhere or jumped into the overflow.

IMG_8303.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

Mines was out in the open from day one. I recently upgraded to a 180 and he spent almost 2 weeks hiding and not eating. He is now out all day like usual and is starting to eat. Mines sleeps on the sand next to a rock. BTW I love the tangs.

Mines was out in the open from day one. I recently upgraded to a 180 and he spent almost 2 weeks hiding and not eating. He is now out all day like usual and is starting to eat. Mines sleeps on the sand next to a rock. BTW I love the tangs.

So weird it hangs out in the open all the time. Mine hangs out next to the Superman Lobo that is Blue and Red. I'm wondering if he hangs out to it because it's the closest thing to his colors in the tank.

What are you doing for a cleanup crew with that badboy in there? Wont he eat all the snails, crabs & shrimp?

I never had much of a clean up crew. Just watever hitch hiked it's way in the tank on another coral. My clean up crew is 6 tangs for algae and Avast CS1 skimmer ;). I don't even do water changes any more and I feed like crazy. Yesterday I fed a giant cocktail shrimp and 6 sheets of nori. The fish are fat and spoiled.