roni

(edited)

Been terrible about updating this.

Got some new toys:

Apex controller

Swabbie for my GSA cone

Tunze 6105 (still need to hook up)

70 W halide for the fuge (thanks Russ!)

Also still fiddling with the auto water change. Hopefully will be a go soon.

Sadly, lost a couple inhabitants.

1 Tridacna Maxima

Mandarin (despite him eating frozen, I think the smaller tank didn't have enough additional fauna to snack on)

Added:

Couple new frags

1 large T. Maxima (thanks Dr. Mac's!)

Gonipora (pink and yellow)

Some Pics:

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

Battling a little cyano due to elevates nutrients (I feed way too much). Will hopefully get the nitrate reactor I picked up in the Avast group buy up next week.

Edited by roni

Is that a pipe fish?

I love the way the tank is coming along. Are you going to leave those tunzes out front like that or eventually hide them behind the rock work?

Thanks! Yeah, that pipefish always gets the oohs and aahs from both my reefkeeping and non reefkeeping buddies. The little tailspot blenny I got does rival for cuteness factor :)

The tunzes will stay up top. The ideal would be for them to not be seen but to get the flow where I want it, probably not going to happen. Still need to bury the 6105 behind the rock work sometime next week.

What does the pipe fish eat, how often do you have to feed it?

Only likes the smaller Hikari mysis.. Won't eat the PE mysis. Went nuts for the live brine I fed. I usually feed my tank a mixture of Hikari and PE mysis enriched by Selcon and small pellets. I've had him for about 9 months now and rarely see him eat anything not out of the water column.

He was eating brine when I bought him, which is the main reason I think I've been successful with him.

Now I kinda want a Pipe-y! Also, this update reminds me that I need to update my thread... lol! Nice looking tank Roni!

Nice additions and pictures man, every time i go to Aquarium One i look at the pipe fishes and wish i could have one lol.

Thanks man! It's far from you but Atlantis seems to always have some

Now I kinda want a Pipe-y! Also, this update reminds me that I need to update my thread... lol! Nice looking tank Roni!

Thanks man! I've been a little derelict due to work and also setting up a new planted tank.

Your Sun Coral looks nice. I am considering your advice to glue mine upside down. My hesitation is that he has been this way for almost 2 months now, I don't want to mess up with his cycle...

• 1 month later...

I had the opportunity to check out Roni's reef Saturday and it's coming along very nicely. Critters are healthy and growing, and as they mature it's going to a blast of colors and textures. Some updated pics:

gallery_267_961_40017.jpg

gallery_267_961_23507.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_23606.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_28139.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_37297.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_32750.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_4383.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_19589.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_14440.jpg

med_gallery_267_961_50052.jpg

tank is looking great

Thanks Evan

Stunning! I'm totally inspired for my new tank.

Thanks Steve...I personally can't wait to see your new tank :)

Cool! Can you post a pic of the sump area?

Tom, will do. If I don't remember to do it tonight, remind me. The equipment is a mess but that will be resolved soon with the new fishroom :)

The tank is looking awesome Roni!

The tank is looking awesome Roni!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Roni!

Thanks ;)

Thats A really nice Hammer coral. Wink Wink..

It is indeed :) It's killed off a huge rock of polyps I had near it though. It's getting it's own spot in the next tank. The crazy thing is that it's almost increased another 50% since I got it from you.

Roni,

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your tanks in person and visiting with your beautiful family. Can't wait to see your new tank progress! We're still talking about a larger tank (and I'm on the lookout for a used nano for me.........really). I'd like to try a pipefish in the larger tank, so much fun to watch swimming around.

You are a wealth of knowledge and we appreciate all your ideas and input in our future tank plans.

Maureen

Roni,

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your tanks in person and visiting with your beautiful family. Can't wait to see your new tank progress! We're still talking about a larger tank (and I'm on the lookout for a used nano for me.........really). I'd like to try a pipefish in the larger tank, so much fun to watch swimming around.

You are a wealth of knowledge and we appreciate all your ideas and input in our future tank plans.

Maureen

thanks maureen ;) btw, you may be able to talk me out of the 24" cube i have in the garage...it may keep me from getting kicked out of the house ;)

thanks maureen ;) btw, you may be able to talk me out of the 24" cube i have in the garage...it may keep me from getting kicked out of the house ;)

Let me mention it to Jon and see what my guy has to say. Thank you for thinking of us.

M