New B and New Tank

matt bills

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They go through phases. Sometimes they fill up, others they will contract a bit. If you dont see it inflate again in the next day or two it may not be too happy. They can be picky about flow and light. That is assuming your chemical levels check out. Mine seem to prefer staying out of the direct line of flow. But close enough to still be moved by indirect current. As for lighting, I suggest that you get it on a rock that it can place the foot either under the rock or in a hole. This way it can come out or hide depending on how much light it wants. So that means the rock has to be up off the bottom of the tank. That way the anemone is close enough to the top for the light it needs, and won't get bumped by small rocks or sand.

As always a pick would help. :happy:

Don't harrass them too much, unfortunately they'll end up where THEY want most of the time, not where YOU want. That being said I've had a 1 foot across one shink down smaller than a tenis ball all on its own for its and giggles, came back to full glory a day later

n209700230_30992462_5929.jpg

n209700230_30947279_4379.jpg

That, to this

n209700230_30947277_2121.jpg

Yup, 100% agreed. Sometimes their just playing mind games with ya. And believe me it's the blob of snot that gonna win! But one of the best and hardest lessons to learn is how to be hands off, while maintaining it. Which is why I love controllers, they help limit what we need to do, while keeping track of how lazy we can get... :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My anemone was moving down the side of a rock and ended face down on another rock. I fliped him back over but he looks like he is starting to come apart. What should i do

• 4 months later...

Do you feed your anemone at all? I feed mine raw shrimp. I bought two raw shrimps and froze them. I cut a little piece and feed my anemone every other day.

ORIGAMI knows so much and helped me get my tank going! As far as the ATO I went with a Avast system and do not regret it one bit. So easy to set up and maintain! I could not have done this with out Toms help and advise! Good luck with the tank and welcome to the club!

reefoholic I feed a mix of frozen shimp, meaty frozen foods from the Freeze of F&F. Maybe i will try the raw shrimp. How much of the shrimp do you give it? I feed it ever other day.

NYfan78 ORIGAMI helped me so much when I started to. Thanks Tom you are the man.

:)

Anemones will eat anything they can catch. Sometimes even shrimp. I feed my large one frozen shrimp. I just thaw, split it into two peices, and shell it. They are actually the same size as my clown fish, and sometimes bigger! :biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear you may be out all of your new chromis. Sometimes that is the price we pay. One time I "saved" a green mandarin goby from a petco I knew it would starve at since there was no live rock. A power head pushed it into an anemone, and by the next morning it was stiff as a board, smelly , and pinned under a rock.

So now whenever I release a new fish it is let loose away from the anemones and power heads. If I have to release a fish near a pump it is always near the output and in a large portion of open water. I may be over careful. But have not had another issue like with that poor mandarin.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a really pretty red shimp yesterday put him in the tank and my 6 line wrasse took two bits and there went 30 bucks. Man that sucks. .....

Sorry to hear that, Matt. It might have been better to release at night and into the rocks. But the outcome may still have been the same.