New B and New Tank

matt bills

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i say i little circle white thing with a nipple like head any idea what it is?

In the second picture in this gallery, it looks like the red stuff on the sand is cyano. The white column in the center may be sand. I'm not sure why it's arranged that way, though. In the other picture, the red stuff may be cyano, but the picture shows an almost 3-dimensional look with a shadow beneath some of it so it's hard to tell.

thanks tom

1. i have been removing the cyano with a tub when doing changes

2. The little round nipple snail looking thing i will try to find him again and get a pic.

Thanks for the help.

I added live sand to my 120 and covered the glass with black trash bags.

Matt

when can i put chato in the refuge?

is there other stuff i need to put in the refuge? I have live rock and the heaters and one pump in there now for good flow.

how long to i leave the lights on in over the fuge? I know i need to reserve cycle them from the daytime lights.

Thanks

Just a quick update on the 120 setup

I got my live sand two weeks ago.

Put chateos in my sump and started cycleing sump ligh over the weekend.

Getting my clean up crew tomorrow.

mexican turbo10Scarlet10 Astraea20Nassaius20Cerith10Peppermint Shrimp2Emerald Crab3sally lightfoot crab3fighing conch2sepent Star1

Want to add 2 black and white clowns over the weekend if i can get two local.

Going to start cycling my lights this week for 3 hours a day.

After a couple weeks to month i will add my 29 nano live rock with coral.

• 3 weeks later...

Ill got 30 more pounds of rock to put in today. Then 30 pounds with cordless from my nano when I get my temp under control. That will give me 160 pounds of love rock.

I have along way to go compared to some tanks I have seen.

Thanks

Matt

A small controller is indispensable for temp control, just remember to keep the temp probe in the main tank. Not the sump, they can shut off lights when/if things get too hot. They also keep the heater from constantly being on. So they can help save electricity.

The tank looks great, remember when you make your stocking list for the fish stock, to your guns. Almost every fish I've bought that was an impulse I had to return.

Also, your tank will really look great in time. That coraline algae will encrust the rock, as well as the coral you will add.

I look forward to better things to come! Keep us updated! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a fan and chiller and the temp is now 75.8 as of this morning. I brought the temp down a degree very 12 hours. When my 2 MH 250 watts are on for 3 hours temp goes to 78.5. I will keep monitering the situation. The fan helps alot. Thanks everyone for the advise. I have move a couple sofies from the nano to the 120 over the last couple days. How long to people run there MH lights for? I have one gobie in there now. I would like a couple black and white stripped clowns just havent found a pair yet.