Top-down shots

gioNVA

Just got a top down acrylic box and trying to learn how to take photos with it. I really like how photos turn out but need to figure out how to take more shots given the space above the tank. The clarity and coloration is just so much better when viewing corals from the top. I think next time I will turn off all or at least some of the pumps to keep the box from moving and maybe i'll get better shots.

This blue table is my favorite coral right now. I got the colony from SteveM.

DSC_1039.jpg

Supposed to be a rainbow monti. Slowly regaining the reds and oranges:

DSC_1024.jpg

Unknown yellow bottlebrush with green tips:

DSC_1032.jpg

Oregon Tort:

DSC_1034.jpg

Unknown tort:

DSC_1043.jpg

Lime in the sky??

DSC_1044.jpg

Rose Millepora:

DSC_1045.jpg

ORA Hawkins Echinata:

DSC_1046.jpg

Sunset Millepora:

DSC_1051.jpg

Montipora sp?

DSC_1056.jpg

ORA Red Planet that I was brown when I got it:

DSC_1060.jpg

Tricolor Valida:

DSC_1066.jpg

Purple Monster:

DSC_1068.jpg

So you're the one that got that acro from SteveM. I asked for it as soon as he posted he was going to be selling corals, but he said someone already had asked for it.

Nice pics!

bob

oh that one. That's the only shot I have so far. It's a small frag I just got so it may take some time before I can get a frag out of it. I will take a side shot though and post it here.

Thanks! Sorry, my inbox has been cleaned out. I have a lot of messages about the blue table acro. The tabling formation on that is so tight I don't think I can get a big frag out without breaking up the whole piece. I think the most I can get from it are half inch frags.

• 2 weeks later...
oh that one. That's the only shot I have so far. It's a small frag I just got so it may take some time before I can get a frag out of it. I will take a side shot though and post it here.

Thanks! Sorry, my inbox has been cleaned out. I have a lot of messages about the blue table acro. The tabling formation on that is so tight I don't think I can get a big frag out without breaking up the whole piece. I think the most I can get from it are half inch frags.

did you get a chance to take a shot from the side. would like to see a full shot of the monti.

thanks

• 2 months later...

Where can one purchase the top down acrylic box?

I have no financial interest in this guy's business, but I thought it might be good for a Group Buy if there are others who are interested. I have purchased acrylic products from him in the past and have had no problems with quality, shipping, etc. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and if there is sufficient interest, I'll start a Group Buy.

Here is the link to the largest box he sells - 10x10x4 ... $38 OrBestOffer

http://cgi.ebay.com/10X10X4CAMERA-TOP-VIEWING-BOX-FOR-FRAG-TANKS_W0QQitemZ190375146616QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c533e3478

the small (5x5x3) is $23-OBO and the medium (8x8x3) is $30-OBO

if there is interest, we might also be able to use a forum member (NAGA) and he might be able to do even better when he has the scrap laying around. i would be interested in one.

• 2 years later...

Just an FYI. U guys might want to go for something smaller for top down photos. The one linked is great for viewing but will cause a ton on glare for photos. Avast Marine makes a really nice on that I use. It's called to porthole. Link below.

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Top-Down-Porthole-XL

i got the blue table, Coloring back up along with some other corals,

GioNova has always had some insane corals,

that bottle brush is freaking nuts though, i had a very simial piece that i lost in the battery incident a long time ago...woudl also love a piece (of everything posted)