Zoa ID pls

epleeds

I have some of these growing in my tank. Not sure where they came from, think they were attached to some rubble i bought. They have green edges, purple disk with green centers...

pic is not that great, but you get the idea.

thanks..

IMG_4373.jpg

fwiw, the majority of zoa's are just some random zoa that people have attached the name to because the morph looks similar to the pic on zoaid.com. I learned a little while ago not to bother with zoa names unless you recieve it from someone that can actually truly tell you what it is. I don't know how the H-E-double hockey sticks this looks like gorilla nipples and i have to agree that they are zoa's not paly's and I don't see how they are joker paly's. Sure, they look "similar" to Joker paly's, so if you want to sell them, advertise them as "similar" to joker paly's...

Hmmm, maybe they're purple hornets http://www.rarezoanthids.com/tag/purple-zoanthids/

Eric when you get a chance look at the pics and let us know which, if any, your zoas or palys resemble.

they look very nice to me. LMK if you're willing to part with 1 or 2.

J

I have some of these growing in my tank. Not sure where they came from, think they were attached to some rubble i bought. They have green edges, purple disk with green centers...

pic is not that great, but you get the idea.

thanks..

IMG_4373.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
IMO, people attach names to zoas so they can charge more money for them. I pay no attention to the names, I just buy the ones I think are pretty/interesting.

isn't this true for 90% of all corals on the open market?