Leishman's Red Tabling Acro - photos??

lanman

Does anyone here have a good picture of Leishman's red tabling acro - that shows up the green color of the base??

Under my lights, the green is very pale in color; not to mention, the polyps are always extended so much you can't see any base.

Thanks,

bob

P20401181.jpg

Thanks! We are having a discussion about your acro vs. ORA 'Red Planet' in the AQUACO forum...

ORA Red Planet frag - $90

IMG_6480.jpg[

bob

Edited by lanman

I have a huge colony that has a ton of green and red. I am trying to get picture of it, but it does look identical to the red planet that ORA has. It is under 20k Radiums.

Edited by scott711

Here is a larger piece of the red planet, which still looks nothing like Ric's piece.

:biggrin:

redplanet12-08.jpg

At least nothing like the pictures posted so far. Completely different color, as well as different growth pattern, to the tips, to the polyps.

Here is a larger piece of the red planet, which still looks nothing like Ric's piece.

:biggrin:

redplanet12-08.jpg

At least nothing like the pictures posted so far. Completely different color, as well as different growth pattern, to the tips, to the polyps.

that's a decent size mini colony...must be under 20k..if I can find a pic of ORAs colony I will post it..

don't look so special in that picture now does it?...looks to me like it loses the green once it gets to a decent size but i could be wrong because they most likely have it under a bulb that produces best growth which is probably a 14k...i bet if they bake it under a 20k it will get that green u see in a lot of the pictures..JMO

and after seeing Chris' picture...his colony looks more like the Red planet than ORAs colony does..again JMO

RP is overrated in my opinion and i wouldn't pay more than i would any other ORA frags...which is $60 max depending on where u get it..

Edited by DDiver

I have mine under Radiums and it looks very similair

One thing to note is Rik's acro is very hardy and very fast grower for an acro. sps. Beautiful red.

Unfortunately for me, I lost my large colony a few months ago with my gross neglect on water maintenance. Given a chance if you're into sps and like variety of colors, try this acro. Highly recommended.

Edited by vaironman

One thing to note is Rik's acro is it's very hardy and very fast grower for an acro. sps. Beautiful red.

Unfortunately for me, I lost my large colony a few months ago with my gross neglect on water maintenance. Given a chance if you're into sps and like variety of colors, try this acro. Highly recommended.

Definitely! I'd love to get a mini-colony of this if someone is selling it.

At one time, Rik could have supplied frags to the world. That thing must have been two feet long, and a foot wide. I took a frag from mine - which is now a small colony in itself in a separate tank (backup colony). In fact - I cut a frag from it for someone recently. I have it encrusting onto a 6x10" rock - high aspirations for a frag!

bob