Pimped Out Aquariums (NAGA)

SeanCallan

Outstanding point Justin!!! Always use the deep socket schedule 40 PVC, that stuff is designed for sewer drain lines, unpressurized, which is what our overflows are but you get 1 1/2 " to glue to with the deep sockets as opposed to 1/2" with the drain ones. Its a no brainer to ELIMINATE leaks when primed and glued properly.

John

I'll keep that information in mind. Jeff was responsible for providing the plumbing parts and doing the installation, I'll pay closer attention to it next time.

As for Jeff, I've emailed him about the possibility of him providing me with a new properly finished tank and I'm currently waiting to hear from him. I figure this solution works out for the both of us and we can avoid taking the issue to court. Another sticking point in all of this has been the ball valve that Jeff provided which lacks a timer to properly function as it was designed. He had previously offered to take the ball valve back and refund me the amount. If he stands by his original offer I'll replace the valve with an OM 4 way and we should both be satisfied with the outcome.

I expect the tank may take Jeff some time but I'm willing to wait for it as long as we sign an agreement that stipulates the time frame he will deliver it in and how long I will have to swap tanks and return the original to him.

Hopefully Jeff will make this right and we can both go our separate ways. I'll update the thread with any new developments.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping it works out for you both!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
He has built me more than 5 tanks for me in the past and each and every one of them has come out beautiful. One thing I will add is that I have and never will place a time frame on work done, rushing jobs only produces sub quality products. even for my simple sump designs I give Jeff a month before I even send him an email. Most times I let him do his thing and let him call me whenever its done.

This is the one thing that bothers me about all this stuff...

"I will add is that I have and never will place a time frame on work done, rushing jobs only produces sub quality products."

Surely you jest... would 6 months be acceptable? A year? Two? Five?? If you've never placed a time frame, it's because you have received the products in an amount of time you consider reasonable. I'm sure even you have your limits. In this case it was Jeff that set the time limit, and agreed to the contract written that way. This is not a sump, water mixing tank, a storage tank - it is a main 'dream tank' display. How long should someone have to wait for it? If the 'best offer' from Jeff had been 6 months to completion - wouldn't Sean have gone elsewhere for his tank? Wouldn't you? Delivery time is part of the 'deal' that you make for a product. Want a new house? When would you like to move in? How about 2015?? Not acceptable?

This is a pretty simple matter. Jeff promised Sean that he would deliver a high-quality product in two weeks. He didn't. If he had promised to deliver an average quality product in 2 months, then there wouldn't be a problem.

bob

• 2 months later...

As I said before in my first post I never set out to try and ruin Jeff. So with that in mind I wanted to post up the resolution to the situation.

This morning Jeff delivered a new tank that is spectacular. I'm having a new stand constructed and Jeff has agreed to come back next week to do the install of the replacement tank on the new stand.

It's regretful that things happened the way they did but at this point in time I'm definitely satisfied with the product that has been delivered.

Hoping it works out for you both!

:cheers:

Glad to hear that it did.

:clap:

Glad this looks to have worked itself out to a mutually agreeable resolution. We've been seeing Jeff a bit more on the boards lately. It's made me hopeful that things are getting back on track with his business as well.

so lets see a tank build thread :)

Jeff

just built me a 3'X2'X20" frag grow out tank that is sweet. I will take pictures,but I need the bulk heads and all the fittings and then I will post a thread. Jeff is one of those slower movers,but if he says he will do something,it seems he does stick by his words and products he makes.

Curtis

I ordered a kick butt sump from him.. Should be done soon, I hope!

I will post pics when done.

Post the pics. The sump looks great!

Jeff

just built me a 3'X2'X20" frag grow out tank that is sweet. I will take pictures,but I need the bulk heads and all the fittings and then I will post a thread. Jeff is one of those slower movers,but if he says he will do something,it seems he does stick by his words and products he makes.

Curtis

He built my cube few years back..and i want to order one more with overflow box..within few months..

I didn't have any problem comunicating with him..and hope everything goes well with your order..