GSMs 4 foot shallow rimless SPS tank

GSM

Nick,

welcome to WAMAS. I've checked out your RC thread before. Where are you located? For some reason I thought it was somewhere in New England?

Garrett.

Nick,

welcome to WAMAS. I've checked out your RC thread before. Where are you located? For some reason I thought it was somewhere in New England?

Garrett.

Thanks for the welcome Garrett

We moved to Alexandria October 1st we were in Ohio previously, my girlfriends family lives near Fredericksburg.

New England, Ohio... whatever.

Glad to have you in the area either way.

I'll be upgrading (hopefully next summer) to a cube(ish), rimless tank. Probably acrylic as well. To boot I'm pretty sure I'll go with a cone skimmer as well, though the ATB is a bit much for my paltry budget. I'm thinking of the new WarnerMarine unit when it is released.

G.

Edited by gastone

Welcome Nick!!! Glad u finally posted a pic of this beauty. Let me know when u wanna stop by again. i got some more frags for ya!

Some corals.

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

IMG_9844.jpg

Those Zoas on the left in this pic are the rarest morph EVARRRR, as far as i know only 3 people have them, they glow so bright, i think they are my favorite coral that i have..

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9650.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

the front right corner of the tank gets a few hours sunlight every morning just before lights on.

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

GSM,

Your tank is awesome; I have also seen your thread on RC, welcome to the area. Can you post more pictures of those zoa's they are beautiful!

thanks, i got 9 polyps and now i have ten, the guy on the west coast that i got them from says they are a very slow grower...

IMG_9481.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my! I love those zoas in the first picture. What kind are they?

i think they are called "Emeralds on fire" they are to my knowlege very rare, only 3 people that i know of have them, me, the source and the rev from club zoa. i am under strict orders not to frag them :wacko:

Nice photos!

What type of lighting are you running?

thanks, the corals i got from you are coloring up really well. :)

the lights are 250w DE Phoenix 14ks in reef optix3 pendants on aquamedic M-80 oceanlight ballasts, im not very happy with the lighting.

i think im going to either keep the M-80s and get 2 lumenarc Minis or go with a powermodule t5, 6 or 8 bulb, we shall see what the new year brings :)