capsfan's 2.5g AIO pico reef build thread

capsfan

Today I went to MrCoral and came back with 7 frags of GSP for my science fair, 3 zoanthid frags, and a green mushroom frag. It was a great day. I took some pictures, but everything was not open. I'll probably be able to post some more pictures wiht everything open tomorrow. This is just a quick post to have some updates, as I am in the middle of a Caps game, and Theodore just made an awesome save! Okay, commercial break. Here are the pics. :biggrin:

gallery_2631686_466_1418243.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_1228829.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_546664.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_171737.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_82290.jpg

And I made a frag shelf for my GSP science fair frags.

gallery_2631686_466_1267397.jpg

By the way, Happy Birthday Mr. Coral :bday:

Oh and GOAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!!

Victor Kozlov off the face off with 3:17 left in the second.

The game is tied 3-3!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice to get to put a face to the name! I'll have to be in touch about setting up my 2.5!

Same here. Before today, I had never met anybody from our little club. Now I know somebody. :biggrin: Keep me posted about your 2.5, and I hope your 2'x2' cube build goes well.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to have too much flow? My corals look like they are getting a little peeved b/c of the flow.

In the nano? Yeah the shrooms, and zoas might not like the same level as some sps

Yeah. I'm not sure what to do about the mushies. They don't like the flow. It's a 60 - 90 gph powerhead that's turned all the way down. I guess I'll figure something out. :wacko:

OMG That is the best thing since sliced bread:) I LOVE THE LOOK and your age speaks volumes about how talented you are! Anyway glad you got your permit! Now if only my tank would look that clean!

OMG That is the best thing since sliced bread:) I LOVE THE LOOK and your age speaks volumes about how talented you are! Anyway glad you got your permit! Now if only my tank would look that clean!

Thank you. The tank is really looking good. At night I see some slug-like things except it looks like they have little flat shells on top of them. Are these good/bad. Should I do anything? They seem to just eat algae, but ya never know. :wacko:

stomatella, look for the little buggers to come out at night. they are super fast... for snails. I love them they are great algea eaters and for the most part during the day they stay out of sight out of mind. Looking good man

Oh good. I'm glad I didn't have to get those things out! I do think that I am going to remove the bta that I put in there though. It is just too big for the little tank. Oh well. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There will never be enough pods in a 2.5 for a mandarin. They starve within weeks-months in well established 55's, let alone 2.5's. You really need to get him out of there, and it would be my suggestion to bring him back if you are not able to ween him onto frozen, pellet, or flake food within a week.

Tyler, move the mandarin to the 55 right away. The 2.5 is way too small for pretty much any fish, even more so now that you have partitioned it. If you want some livestock in there, put a few sexy shrimp in. They are neat to watch and you can just toss a pellet in a few times a week for them. A fish, with daily feedings and the waste it wsill produce will quickly lead to nuisance algae. I'm pretty sure you don't want to deal with HA in your 2.5 after dealing with it in the 55.

I'll also second what Sam said about returning the mandarin if you can't get it to eat prepared foods.

This morning I got up and looked in the tank and I couldn't find the mandarin! :eek: I looked in the overflow area and there he, or should I say she, was there on top of the chaeto dying/suffocating/whatever. I quickly scooped her up put her back in the display writing her off as probably dead. But when I came home this afternoon, she was her normal self scooting around the tank. I am definitely putting her in the 55 and will try to wean her. I actually may just return her because I am afraid of killing it. :sad: I'd rather get a few more sexy shrimp or a clown goby or something. I know, I know, you guys say NO fish, but I think the system could handle a little clown goby or maybe a neon goby.