capsfan's 2.5g AIO pico reef build thread

capsfan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some hydrogen peroxide dips while you wait for your furan 2. Add the hydrogen peroxide to water stop when you start seeing bubbles

Never heard of this one. Does it work?

Today is the second day I have been doing furan-II dips. Hope this ends well. I also found a new way I can set my rocks and I think it looks 10 times better than the last scape. I'll post a picture later.

• 5 weeks later...

That isn't right. A good half of my gallery is not showing up!? Something is up with my gallery and the pics won't show up from the beginning of the thread?

• 2 weeks later...

First off this tank looks awesome. I live down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am really considering doing something similar to yours with maybe a five gallon tank. What do you have invested in the tank itself? How much have you invested in your corals? How often are you doing a water change and how much water are you changing at a time?

• 1 month later...
First off this tank looks awesome. I live down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am really considering doing something similar to yours with maybe a five gallon tank. What do you have invested in the tank itself? How much have you invested in your corals? How often are you doing a water change and how much water are you changing at a time?

It's probably about time for an update. I really have not added anything since last time. However things have grown and the fish has become much less timid. I have not been able to give any of my tanks much attention in a while because I have been so busy. Between school and cross country/track, I have little time. To answer your question, raysxb, I have invested about $200 in the whole thing and to tell you the truth, I don't do water changes (I don't recommend this, but it works for me). I'll see if I can get some pics up at a later date.

• 2 years later...

Welp, after a few years of neglect, I finally broke the tank down. Probably going to break down/get rid of my 55 also and keep a few things in the 10. I may try the 2.5 concept again in the future, but with a few refinements. We'll just have to wait and see...

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...

@jason the filter freak Months later I finally see this. Better late then never! 

I ended up breaking it down (my 55 and 10 as well). I still have the tank and light, just haven't been doing saltwater things lately. I think about giving it another go sometimes though. If I do, it will probably be something small again. Definitely like the pico tanks for their simplicity.