capsfan's 2.5g AIO pico reef build thread

capsfan

Jason

So far the the heat is okay. The biggest problem so far is the hermit knocking over things.

St9z

The ebayer's name was currentusa. The lights were at one point sent back to the manufacturer. Problems ranged from broken bulbs and dents or faulty components. After it was sent back to the manufacturer, they repaired it and sold it on ebay. I got it dirt cheap and I have not had any problems.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I fragged my star polyps from the other tank and put some in the pico.

Star polyps

gallery_2631686_466_732672.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_110924.jpg

Zoas

gallery_2631686_466_410590.jpg

gallery_2631686_466_142152.jpg

Fts

gallery_2631686_466_849037.jpg

More to come soon!

Edited by capsfan

Possibly. I am debating on wether or not to put a fish in there. It seems like it would just add more bioload to the tank. If I do put a fish in, it is going to be really little. Maybe clown goby, neon goby?

I was bored, so I decided to take a halfway decent picture of a zoanthid polyp. :biggrin:

gallery_2631686_466_576978.jpg

Report card coming in about a month. Mr. Coral has offered a free frag for each "A" on the report card.

If all goes as planned, I hope to come home with a bunch of frags! :clap:

(edited)

Right now, I am just thinking some sexy shrimp. I don't want to add the extra bio load to the tank that a fish would cause. It would up the work on the tank. I'm feeling lazy. :wink:

Edited by capsfan

(edited)

I'm bored.

Soooooooooooo... I decided to post a random picture

This is "Woodson" He is my avatar and he is awesome! :biggrin:

gallery_2631686_465_885977.jpg

"W" is for Woodson!

Edited by capsfan

When my 2.5 was up and running I kept sexy shrimp. You're right about the fish's bioload. I had mine running fishless for 3 years, then decided to add a yasha haze goby and pistol pair. The yasha grew pretty fast and feeding became a problem along with the fish's waste. Ended up with cyano problems, nuisance algae...all the things that excess nutrients cause. When I took down the tank the yasha went into my 30 cube where he is now fat and happy.

Sexy shrimp are awesome to watch. Fascinating little guys, always waggling their tails.

When I took down the tank the yasha went into my 30 cube where he is now fat and happy.

I used to have two cichlids that were named "Fat" and "Happy".

They ended turning the water in my tank green. :biggrin:

I picked up a red mushroom today at the lfs. I'll put some pics up tomorrow.

Today I had to go to the Orthodontist. I got my braces fitted w/ red white and blue just in time for hockey season. :biggrin: