Boret's 92g Corner Tank.

Boret

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!! Wait until things grow a little bit and I learn all the names! Ha ha ha ha

Thanks for the compliment!

LOL!!! Wait until things grow a little bit and I learn all the names! Ha ha ha ha

Thanks for the compliment!

Great tank setup....how do you mount the monti's on the glass?

After a while they attach themselves to the glass so the magnet is not even necessary. I recently moved the caps because they were growing too much shadowing stuff underneath and I had to literally break them off the glass. A few pieces remained attached to the glass... now I am curious to see if they will grow from there.

Never looked into your tank thread Boret! Your tank looks freaking awesome!!! I almost thought I was seeing a public display! Love the amount of fish you have in there.

Thank you Capsfan!!!

I give a lot of credit to many WAMAS members that have followed this thread and advised me in many many occasions. Without them it wouldn't be what it is today... and it is still a very young tank. I can't wait to see it grow!

I travel quite a bit and the only good thing about it is that when I am gone for a week and I come back I can truly see growth in the tank :lol2:

A picture update to forever remember the CopperBand (a.k.a curious george) that recently died for being too curious, getting himself stuck on an intake! He will be missed.

IMG_0345.jpg

Also a picture of Killer taking care of a chocolate chip starfish:

IMG_0339b.jpg

And here is a GIF file with some of Killers antics.

It almost looks like he is flexing muscles in Venice beach!

harlequin_star.gif

Boret....your pictures do not due your tank justice. I was amazed at the colors you had in there..excellent job.

• 3 weeks later...

Full Tank Shot.

mini-Aug142009.jpg

Ricordea Garden

mini-ric_garden.jpg

Center Section

mini-center_section.jpg

Can't wait to get a DSLR. All the pictures are with my iPhone as my point and shoot decided to stop working on me.

I also start dosing vodka a few days ago. My Nitrates are at 15-20, and I keep losing slowly some of the zoas so I am going to give Vodka a chance.

I am following this dosing regimen:

Dosing%20Vodka%20Aug%202009.JPG

I will probably get the camera in the next few days so I can properly document the dosing effect.

Thanks Ron! When are you posting some pictures of yours? How is that cleaning crew behaving?

I am on my forth day of Vodka dosing and I can't see any noticeable effects. I probably should open a whole thread with the vodka dosing.

I need to get some pictures soon to be able to see the before and after.

(edited)

George (gsedlack) was extremely kind and let me borrow his Nikon D40. So I took like 250 pictures!

I still can't figure out 95% of the stuff. I have difficulty focusing correctly. Of course, I am clueless about tons of the technical things.

It is definitely the Indian and not the arrow. :)

I do feel though that "Live View" might be something that "I" will need. Most professional photographers could care less about live view, and as a matter of fact end up not using it at all. But I wear glasses and I think that I really don't see that well through the view finder. So I might go for a camera with "Live View", either the Nikon D5000 or the Canon T1i. I am probably looking at $1,000 with a couple of lenses, versus $650 for the D40 with two lenses. I should probably post this in the photography thread so I don't derail this from the purpose of build thread.

Nonethelsee, I can see better colors with the DSLR picture. What do you think?

Edited by Boret

Getting better with the DSLR :). Thank you to DavidM that took the time to give me a crush course on photography.

mini-_DSC2243b.jpg

That's a sweet looking FTS. Very nice job with the dslr.

Getting better with the DSLR :) . Thank you to DavidM that took the time to give me a crush course on photography.

Boret-

Excellent photo!!! The range of colors and depth is great. Looks like DavidM's crash course helped tweak your photo-taking skills :clap: Btw, when are you getting that DSLR?