Seafood

Connor

I was wondering how many saltwater aquarists out their no longer like to eat seafood. I've personally never been a big seafood lover and I use my aquarium as an excuse to get out of certain meals. :bb:

Edited by Connor

I never could eat seafood, though even more now that I dive and have the tank. I watch my little conch's antics and think "how could somebody EAT such a funny little guy?" (well, his cousin, anyway...) I dove once with a friend and asked her about the lobsters. All I could think about was the multitude of their colors. Her response was all that she could think about was "Hmmmm - butter.........!"

I had blue crab today:) My only gripe is the fact that we are having such a hard time managing our seafood industries... I like both wild caught and farm raised seafoods...and I won't eat shrimp from other countries unless they use turtle exclussion devices.... or make another attempt... Sea turtles are cool and so are dolphins! I am going to Lousiana to visit my gfs family and I plan on eating until I fill up... oysters, crawfish, crabs, shrimp and gator!

Xtina likes sea food. I lived on a boat for 7 years... I like tuna and thats about it :why:

How are you old enough to have lived on a boat for 7 years?

I'm on a See-Food diet, I see food and I eat it. :biggrin:

I love almost all seafood; on Sunday mornings I would hit the piers in Panama and buy right off the boats. Jumbo shrimp (bigger than I've ever seen here in the US) averaged about $4 for 5-6lbs, depending on how well you could haggle.

I'm on a See-Food diet, I see food and I eat it. :biggrin:

I love almost all seafood; on Sunday mornings I would hit the piers in Panama and buy right off the boats. Jumbo shrimp (bigger than I've ever seen here in the US) averaged about $4 for 5-6lbs, depending on how well you could haggle.

Dude where in Panama did you live? I just came back from a visit there... If you could see what they did to Balboa you would shake your head... but the seafood there is still cheap and wonderful!

No I havn't been to the warf in DC yet :) Always wanted to go.... We just havn't made the time .... I've heard the prices are a little expensive.. I can't wait until I am back on the eastern shore!

Outside of my tank:

Seafood GOOD!

Chicken GOOD!

Steak GOOD!

Venison GOOD!

Salad GOOD!

Tofu NO GOOD! Give me soybeans naturally!! :clap:

...ah food is good!

I prefer to eat what I want, not into to fads!

3 months and counting for eastern shore! and 23 days to Louisiana:) My favorite thing to do is to catch seafood myself... but if I don't have the means I go down to the docks and look poor/friendly and they normally cut me a deal... my only problem is I always buy too much.... Normally because I go to the docks hungry for food... we don't waste anything it all gets refigrated, but sometimes too much is too much! Day 3 for eating crabs and scampi is terrible, but oh so delicious! The only bad thing about buying from the watermen is you have to make it worth their time they aren't going to part out thier catch...

certain things i just cant eat (as long as i have tried it once... generally)

so i WONT eat cuttle fish, or octopus... (they are just tooo cute.. and i dont care for the feel either)

calamari i will though.. :blush:

and then i will eat pretty much anything. ... i cant eat lobster... because im allergic (Kinda) but i LOVE all other shell fish

i just love food..

and i LOVE fish.. plus its good for you!!

as long as im not eating any nemo sushi! im good!

:)

I go to the urbana oysterfestiville with a friend from down there:) mmmm raw oysters! Its good luck when you have a crab inside of your oyster! I just wish the festiville was cheaper... its like 1dollar an oyster ... but you can buy oysters from the locals there for like 50cents ...oh and the crab soup is to die for... and if you like heart attacks on a stick they have fresh corn on the cob dipped in butter sauce... Just about 3/4 a year until the next one!

I love seafood. Almost all of it. Having an aquarium doesn't make me feel any differently about it. I don't eat corals, though.

bob

I tried jelly fish once it was very tasty, the only thing I have eaten and not liked was these small crabs from japan.... my oceanography teacher brought us in some to try...worst thing I ever put in my mouth! I doubt ppl eat corals:)

I still love seafood. But if possible, follow the Monterey Bay Aquarium's suggested seafood list.

http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp

Doug -

Something I have been thinking about for a long time, but this post reminded me of it.

Can we pin the link above in the Conservation forum?

Cheers

Mike