Now I can finally say I have a mated pair

gastone

My GSMs finally laid their first clutch. Originally my girlfriend purchased me a pair of premnas from roozen back in 2003 for Christmas. I suspect the female had brook and passed in just a few days. I went back up to Roozens and purchased a larger specimen that quickly paired up. Fast forward about a year. Was out of town when my tank split a silicone seam, lost 90% of the livestock, including the female. About 9 or 10 months later after I had put the tank back together and upgraded things I went up to F&F as Sean said that he had a small juvenile in stock. Drove up there, picked up the baby and was back to having a pair. For 2 years they've been paired, but have never laid eggs. The fish load is quite small with only 4 fish in the tank, the biggest being a coral beauty. I've never done anything to "encourage/pursuade" them to lay eggs, was always hoping that it would happen naturally.

Yeah for the club idiot.

G.

congratulations :)

My clowns I guess will probably not be doing anything anymore because the dang tang is living in their house with them.

Luciano,

sure. I'll have to hunt down my busted up ole nikon d1. I need something fancy like the rest of you guys.

G.

Good going, idiot :D

I can think of 4 drastic changes that I made that probably brought this about. At least 3 of them would confirm that I am an idiot and I refuse to say what they are.

Actually, I can fairly certainly eliminate one of them (not that fact that it was idiotic, just that it induced spawning).

I still won't tell though.

G.

I can think of 4 drastic changes that I made that probably brought this about. At least 3 of them would confirm that I am an idiot and I refuse to say what they are.

You weren't playing barry white into your tank were you? Congrats!

So you never really had a pair until your girlfriend handed them to you? Nice...

:clap: :lol: Oh, talk about a sharp wit....

• 2 weeks later...

and again....

eggs2.jpg

eggs1.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pics. My camera skills have regressed significantly from the copy work I did back in college with technical pan film.

Garrett.

Very cool, the eggs look healthy, congrats. Any plans to try and raise the larvae?

Wreck

Very cool, the eggs look healthy, congrats. Any plans to try and raise the larvae?

Wreck

Wreck,

I don't know nothing 'bout nothing, but what I do know is that this batch looks much better/fuller than the first. At the moment I'm not interested in rearing them. Down the road 6 months or so might be a different story. I'll be sure to be in touch with you and Scott if and when I think about making that leap.

Garrett.

The clowns been through so many females.

Do you still have the same gf and is she OK with the purse thing?

Pretty cool G

She likes my man-purse style. She even likes those special times when we go down to Richmond when I wear her purses (and heels and not much else).

She likes it mostly that I'm comfortable with myself.

G.

(Oh yeah, she likes to borrow my purses as well)

She likes my man-purse style. She even likes those special times when we go down to Richmond when I wear her purses (and heels and not much else).

She likes it mostly that I'm comfortable with myself.

G.

(Oh yeah, she likes to borrow my purses as well)

:biggrin:

God I love this man.

take them as they are and keep them or dont take them at all. She sounds like a great girlfriend - you should keep her

• 2 weeks later...

I came home today and was lucky enough to watch my female lay her eggs. (The clown, not prior mentioned girlfriend) I wish I could have shot some video. Seems that it's becoming a regular thing (knock on wood). Hopefully in the future I can shoot some footage.

G.

very cool, I'm glad you got to see your clownfish lay her eggs. I've seen mine do it a few times and it's pretty cool to watch, especially because she has to swim upside down to lay the eggs on the underside of the rock. If you make note of when the eggs are laid and when they hatch, you'll be able to predict when they will lay eggs next time and probably get some video footage.

Congrats and good luck.

Wreck

I came home today and was lucky enough to watch my female lay her eggs. (The clown, not prior mentioned girlfriend) I wish I could have shot some video. Seems that it's becoming a regular thing (knock on wood). Hopefully in the future I can shoot some footage.

G.