A Tank Through Time

BrendanG

Just wanted to post a few pics of My AP 24, its been around for about 6 months, and here are a few pics of its initial set up...

All stock was taken from an old 29 AGA

DSCF1189.jpg

sorry had micro bubbles

The old AGA 29 was lit by a

CoraLife Lunar AquaLight Pro 130w PC, 10,000k and Actinic

Coralife AquaLight 36w T'5 10,000k, and Actinic

Filtration was a Coralife SuperSkimmer 65 (once dialed in, its great; but simply too tempermental)

AquaClear 70 Modded Fuge with Chaeto and Live Rock Rubble

Visitherm Stealth 200w

Tank Perameters

Ca: 400 ppm

Alk: 10 dKH

NO3: < .5ppm

NO2: 0ppm

PO4: 0ppm

SG: 1.026

Temp: 27 - 28

Hey Brendan,

Just got a call from AQ1 and found out that someone came in yesterday and offered $1800 to buy it is as is. They sold it! Come pick up your check.

Just Joking!

I thought the background by itself looked funny at first, but after you put real lr in front of it, it looks great! Looks like a big rock barrier to another section of the ocean.

Hey Brendan,

Just got a call from AQ1 and found out that someone came in yesterday and offered $1800 to buy it is as is. They sold it! Come pick up your check.

Just Joking!

My A1 Guys

Ha, not cool lol, though it isn't the first time you guys have tried to scare me,

ie. power went out, killed everything, CA overdose, Someone had to have Nemo and *****, or bought the giant green frogspawn....it never ends

esp, when im away at school....

thanks for the comments everyone,

You are running an AC 70 as a fuge?

I have an AC-70 on my AP24 for Carbon and whatnot. I was able to also get a CPR Bak-Pak on mine. I also put a fan on the back to keep it cool. The back of my tank is very full.

I do use my AC 70 as a fuge, and it runs great, I have never had a problem with NO3, NO2 or PO4 the trick that people often forget is that the impellers put out 300GPH, way to much flow in my opinion to create a beneficial fuge, the trick is to slow down the flow, the more contact your macro has with the water the more nutrients it can pull out,

Mine is filled with Chaeto and LR rubble, filled with tons of pods, baby snails, brittle stars

its lit by this 6,700k Betta Clamp on bowl lamp thing, was like $12 at petco

I don't have a massive clean up crew, so its important that i stop the algae before it starts

There is a thread on RC on how to build one, its all a matter of creating a baffle so your chaeto doesn't fall into the tank, and siliconing it and the baffle by the impeller to the inside of the filter, its really easy, and i can swear by them.

Fuge.jpg

Fuge2.jpg

Fuge3.jpg

Fuge4.jpg

Fuge5.jpg

Photos taken from RC thread

nice looking tank, good job on the progress

No problem! You have one of the nicest nanos I have seen.

Price tags and all! :)

Do you get to keep those things when you bring it home? :clap:

Tracy