Weap0n X's new 180G Reef Project

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful stand!!

I have a 180 and wish I had a taller stand, not to mention such a pretty one. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Update.

DSCF1783.jpg

More to come very soon.

Beautiful stand!!

I have a 180 and wish I had a taller stand, not to mention such a pretty one. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks.

Few more updates.

Making sure no water is going on the stand..

DSCF1787.jpg

Liverock

DSCF1788.jpg

Finished Aquascape.

DSCF1794.jpg

The water has cleared up alot, and will post a FTS soon.

A little water getting on the stand won't hurt anything. Just avoid having standing water on the stand for long periods of time.

Looks great so far. I can't wait to see what it looks like once the water clears up!

(edited)

Looks like you have a big "bridge" in there. Can't wait....looks like it will be gorgeous!!!

Tracy

No bridge, but I thought about creating one.

A little water getting on the stand won't hurt anything. Just avoid having standing water on the stand for long periods of time.

Looks great so far. I can't wait to see what it looks like once the water clears up!

I plan on keeping this tank and stand for a very long time, so I just want it in new condition.

Thanks, aquascape turned out pretty good. Time to plan out the fish list.

post some more pics as soon as it clears up.

Connor

I got some for you.

FTS

DSCF1811.jpg

Skimmer breaking in.

DSCF1812.jpg

I'll take some more pictures tomorrow once the tank is completely cleared up.

Thanks,

Mohsin

Edited by Weap0n_X

Love the aquascape on the left side. I would work on the right side but wow!

Bothsides of the aquascape are really nice!!! Seems like the right side has alot of space for the corals and alot of small caves... I LIKE IT!!!

Haha yeah mann. Thanks for helping me out bro.

(edited)

Love the aquascape on the left side. I would work on the right side but wow!

Thanks. Right side is not bad as it looks in the pictures. Both sides are different. I worked on the left side, while my bro and cousin worked on the right side. We might change it a little, but if we do, it's going to look very similar.

very nice, i really like the left sides aquascaping.

Connor

Thanks, me too!

That is a heck of a set up that you did. I'm extremely impressed. Where did you get your lights from?

Thanks! I got my lights from the setup I bought. Right now I only have PC's on. I need to order new MH 10k XM bulbs today.

The aquascape looks a lot better in person.

You would know right? haha. :biggrin:

Agree! That's very nice Moshin. Excellent job!

Thank You.

Edited by Weap0n_X

You're not worried about not having enough blue by just having PCs for actinics?? PCs are flushed out hardcore when using with MHs. I just switched from 250watt SE 10K XM to the 20Ks. I was worried they would be "too blue" but the color is very comparable to the DE Phoenix 14K bulbs that I loved in the past. The PAR level isn't that much lower either. I guess its all a matter of preference, but I'd order one 20K bulb to at least see if you like it or not. I'll buy the 20K XM off you if you end up not liking it, but I'll bet you end up keeping it.

Love the aquascaping by the way. I predict a future TOTM.

The structure on the right is perfect to have a midas blenny diving in and out of it.

Edited by jamesbuf

I kind of knew my PC's were not going to be enough, that's why I plan on getting T5 actinics end of this month.

Thanks! I have a long way to go before I will be ever considered for TOTM.

I kind of knew my PC's were not going to be enough, that's why I plan on getting T5 actinics end of this month.

Thanks! I have a long way to go before I will be ever considered for TOTM.

If you're going to use them for actinic only supplementation, curious to know why you're going T5 and not VHO superactinic? I've had both, and VHO is far superior to T5s for actinic sup.

FWIW I'd go with T5 blue+ for supplementation if you are using XM10k lamps. I've done it both ways (T5 B+ and VHO SA) and there is no comparison. Some people use both and I'm sure that's nice, but if you are doing just one...

Edited by gastone

Beautiful (as expected!!)

Tracy

Thank you.

If you're going to use them for actinic only supplementation, curious to know why you're going T5 and not VHO superactinic? I've had both, and VHO is far superior to T5s for actinic sup.

I'm not sure. I have not used actinics before and thought that T5's would help balance out the XM 10k more. I will research more about VHO's, probably going to get VHO's now.

Thanks James.

FWIW, I'd also go with VHO's for actinics. Either way, you have plenty of room in that canopy for either option!

I definitly have enough room for any option.

looking great Moshin

Thanks!

FWIW I'd go with T5 blue+ for supplementation if you are using XM10k lamps. I've done it both ways (T5 B+ and VHO SA) and there is no comparison. Some people use both and I'm sure that's nice, but if you are doing just one...

I will look into it more, probably search on Reefcentral for more info. Thanks.

As far as the tank right now. I need to reduce the noise in the sump and get rid of the micro-bubbles.

Thanks,

Mohsin