Weap0n X's new 180G Reef Project

Already did the research for you. Go to this link and scroll down: http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...l=spectral+plot

You'll see the plot. Numbers don't lie. XM10k gotta go with the blue+. I used to use the 10k with VHO SA. I couldn't even tell if the actinics were on or not when the halides kicked on.

Garrett.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice build. Where did you get the stand from? I am looking forward to seeing the progress. I used to have 3x 250 XM and Pwr compact acitinics. I just switched out the pwr compacts for VHOs and it makes a big difference but as gastone said when the MH are on the blue goes away. I plan on going a bit bluer with my next purchase. Maybe 14k or 20k.

Bob, that is fantastic. I may have to bug you a bit for advice on building the in wall portion of my tank. I can do the dry-wall and framing, but I was thinking of doing cabinets for the front by putting a facade on there. I'll have to see if you can walk me through a lot of this and take me by the place you bought the wood.

Mohsin, where's pictures!?!?!?!?

Very nice build. Where did you get the stand from? I am looking forward to seeing the progress. I used to have 3x 250 XM and Pwr compact acitinics. I just switched out the pwr compacts for VHOs and it makes a big difference but as gastone said when the MH are on the blue goes away. I plan on going a bit bluer with my next purchase. Maybe 14k or 20k.

Thanks. Bob~YbeNormal built the stand and canopy.

I'm hoping to get a combination of VHO's and T5's, but if I don't I just want an actinic bulb that will help balance out the 10k XM.

Bob, that is fantastic. I may have to bug you a bit for advice on building the in wall portion of my tank. I can do the dry-wall and framing, but I was thinking of doing cabinets for the front by putting a facade on there. I'll have to see if you can walk me through a lot of this and take me by the place you bought the wood.

Mohsin, where's pictures!?!?!?!?

I have no updated pictures since nothing changed. Pictures of the aquascape are on page 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mohsin, time for an update! I see you are selling the MH light fixture. What do have planned for lighting and do you need me to help you modify the canopy for the new lights?

Hey Mohsin, time for an update! I see you are selling the MH light fixture. What do have planned for lighting and do you need me to help you modify the canopy for the new lights?

Nothing has changed from the last update. This weekend I am going to rebuild the right side of the aquascape and will post a FTS on Sunday.

Well, it all depends if I sell the MH fixture. I'm looking into buying 3 Lumenarc Reflectors, but not sure what kind of ballast I should get. As for bulbs, I think I'm getting 2 12k Reeflux Bulbs, and 1 10k Reeflux bulb in the middle. If I sell my fixture I will let you know if I need to modify the canopy, if not then I will go ahead and keep the fixture for now.

So are you going with lumenarcs? If not, what's the plan?

Lumenarcs.

I re-built the right side of the aquascape so it can flow with the other side. You can't really tell from the pictures but if you see it in person, it looks crazy.

Pictures..

DSCF1938.jpg

Ride side of the aquascape looking out to the other side...

DSCF1935.jpg

Next weekend I plan on adding a couple of fish.

Still got those black percs?

Also, do you have any flow behind the rocks? Looks good, but also looks like it'll trap a lot of detritus back there behind the scenes. Come to think of it, where are your returns, anyway? I didn't notice them at all in any of your pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Mohsin,

Finally catching up on some reading, first time I've been able to see some of these dedicated tank forum stuff, Tank looks AWESOME SIR!

You getting Royalties from that Grey Seas Guy??? :biggrin:

Glad to see the setup, you've come along way sir!

:clap:

Mohsin,

Finally catching up on some reading, first time I've been able to see some of these dedicated tank forum stuff, Tank looks AWESOME SIR!

You getting Royalties from that Grey Seas Guy??? :biggrin:

Glad to see the setup, you've come along way sir!

:clap:

Thanks Howard!

I can't wait to add the fish from the BZA order tomorrow.

Another update..

Today I received my new lighting system. Cant wait to fire them up!

DSCF1970.jpg

Thank You Howard once again for all your hard work!

I received 10 Orange Striped Cardinals..

Here they are under no lighting.

DSCF1978.jpg

DSCF1981.jpg

I'll post more pictures once I get my new lights installed in the canopy.

Mohsin

Curious, feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but how much did this system set you back? I am constantly trying to figure out how much I have spent on my system and I keep on thinking wow, you've spent a ton of money between this one and the last one! Wish I had that bankroll!

Curious, feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but how much did this system set you back? I am constantly trying to figure out how much I have spent on my system and I keep on thinking wow, you've spent a ton of money between this one and the last one! Wish I had that bankroll!

It didn't set me back at all, I got money in the bank.